• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's a tasty tidbit I learned yesterday. Most of the block hours cut are going to be out of everyones fav base JFK! DL wants to cut RJ flights in and out of JFK before the Feds cut them. There will be a cut down to two pushes. There will be an A.M. bank and a P.M. bank, allowing DL mainline flights in and out of JFK in between both banks, keeping the number of RJ's in and out of JFK down to a minimum.

Thank goodness for that. JFK is a disaster and whoever decided to increase the RJ flights and funnel them through two gates should be fired for incompetence. We all knew how bad it was going to be before it even started.

"Here's a tasty tidbit I learned yesterday. Most of the block hours cut are going to be out of everyones fav base JFK! DL wants to cut RJ flights in and out of JFK before the Feds cut them. There will be a cut down to two pushes. There will be an A.M. bank and a P.M. bank, allowing DL mainline flights in and out of JFK in between both banks, keeping the number of RJ's in and out of JFK down to a minimum."

Maybe in the long run, however in the February bid packet ALL the current cuts were in Cincinnati.

Difference between JAN and FEB in CVG: -1430 hours
Difference between JAN and FEB in JFK: +85 hours

Kennedy grows a bit but Cincinnati gets chopped at the knees!

"Here's a tasty tidbit I learned yesterday. Most of the block hours cut are going to be out of everyones fav base JFK! DL wants to cut RJ flights in and out of JFK before the Feds cut them. There will be a cut down to two pushes. There will be an A.M. bank and a P.M. bank, allowing DL mainline flights in and out of JFK in between both banks, keeping the number of RJ's in and out of JFK down to a minimum."

Maybe in the long run, however in the February bid packet ALL the current cuts were in Cincinnati.

Difference between JAN and FEB in CVG: -1430 hours
Difference between JAN and FEB in JFK: +85 hours

Kennedy grows a bit but Cincinnati gets chopped at the knees!

This came up just this weeks, so Feb's schedule won't be affected. They're trying to figure out how many flight DL will let us cram into each bank. It will be gradual and not a "all at once" implimentation.

So how are they going to feed all of those international flights out of JFK? When I was flying there, a look at the evening connection list was all international DL connections.

Thank goodness for that. JFK is a disaster and whoever decided to increase the RJ flights and funnel them through two gates should be fired for incompetence. We all knew how bad it was going to be before it even started.

Actually I think we recently hired that guy! :laugh:

So how are they going to feed all of those international flights out of JFK? When I was flying there, a look at the evening connection list was all international DL connections.
The P.M. Bank will be the international connection feed. I'm guessing they'll get the DCI flights in and out before the International push or wait to depart after the international push has died down.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back