• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Comair Crew Bases

Sucka

Total Time
Soloed
What are the latest rumors? I have heard BOS and MSP? Any other good rumors?

RJ Bum

^ Not bumming it any more
Total Time
10K+
Down here in MCO, a lot of rumors going around about TPA for next year. Mesa execs have been spotted looking at the MCO hangar. Also rumor has it that DAL has an empty hangar now in TPA. But who knows.

stall022

Total Time
Mesa/Freedom will start with 15 ERJ's in MCO starting around october so far with a second base openning around the end of the year for the remaining 10 to 15. i've heard rumors of Comair reducing the GSO base to ramp up the new JFK base so that may be a possibility for the remaining aircraft.

surplus1

Total Time
25K+
thebest said:
Comair will be bought by Mesa in the near future.

Anything is possible so maybe MESA will buy Comair. If they do, they'll just keep it separate. If they don't keep it separate, then Comair will eventually take over Mesa and Johnny O will learn that he bit off more than he could chew.

Chosen One

Total Time
a bit
Sucka said:
Any new virtual bases?

Hey Sucka, put spaces after each comma in your "aircraft experience" column. We'll be glad you did. ;)

J

jackbo

Chosen One said:
Hey Sucka, put spaces after each comma in your "aircraft experience" column. We'll be glad you did. ;)

he really wants his single engine time to stand out to all of us so we can notice how much experience he has in planes that really matter.

Sucka

Total Time
Soloed
I am so glad to hear from you jackbo and Chosen One! The anonymity of this message board makes you so brave! I am so deeply hurt by your vicious sarcasm .

P38JLightning

Well Endowed Member
Total Time
10Kish
base rumors

Sucka said:
What are the latest rumors? I have heard BOS and MSP? Any other good rumors?

Those are the leading two in the rumor mill. BOS because we do tons of flying there and ACA used to have a base there. MSP only because we have about 50 pilots or more, plus FA's, who commute from there. But with only one city pair out of there (CVG) we would have to ramp up ATL and/or SLC again big time, neither of which is likely, so I'd say MSP will never happen unless we get NWA code, which will never happen until we are spun off and even then a long shot.

Another possibility is MCO moving to TPA, or having a combined base. The company would love to have a JFK/LGA base too, but both would require side letters to achieve (increased reserve call out times first of all, plus each lineholder trip starting/finishing in the same base, or free transportation to and from if it doesn't, commuter policy protection to cover both airports, etc.)

RP170

Total Time
RJ Bum said:
Down here in MCO, a lot of rumors going around about TPA for next year. Mesa execs have been spotted looking at the MCO hangar. Also rumor has it that DAL has an empty hangar now in TPA. But who knows.

That's funny. That same rumor has been going on for a while at CHQ about a TPA domicile flying 170's.

Last edited:

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
I think I remember Fred Butrell saying there would be a Comair E170 base in TPA.

Bye Bye--General Lee

RJ Bum

^ Not bumming it any more
Total Time
10K+
General Lee said:
I think I remember Fred Butrell saying there would be a Comair E170 base in TPA.

Bye Bye--General Lee

yeah, I'm holding my breath.

Chosen One

Total Time
a bit
Sucka said:
I am so glad to hear from you jackbo and Chosen One! The anonymity of this message board makes you so brave! I am so deeply hurt by your vicious sarcasm .

Yep, put spaces after commas, that was vicious alright. :rolleyes: Oh the drama!