Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

prodigal

Fiduciary responsibility?
Can any of you Comair guys explain what the culture, atmosphere is like there for pilots?
Thanks in advance!

Just wondered what the company culture is like.
I've worked at places which were rigid and sterile, some were laid-back and fun (while still remaining professional), some where there was backbiting and such.
Just wanted to know what the general culture and mood is like for pilots.
Thanks again!

Basicly if you don't go looking for trouble at Comair, you will not find it. At Comair, the most important thing is never to lie. There is still an immense atmosphere of solidarity amongest the pilot group. In other words, we don't eat our young. We are in a comfortable middle between being a rigid and relaxed company. No pilot ever leaves Comair because they are unhappy. A lot of pilots have expressed thier intent to retire with Comair.

I would absolutely agree with Ace. Don't look for trouble and you won't find it. I worked here for 4 years and seen the chief pilots twice. I was called in for doing a good job on a particular flight and second I had to talk to them about a personal issue. There are a few still upset about the contract, but not many. All in all we are still very solid as a group, though we may disagree on certain issues. We stand together. The country club (MCO base) was more relaxed then CVG, that has since closed. I would agree Comair is middle of the road. Some things they are anal about, but as long as you are professional and get the job done, no one is going to bother you. I have been very happy being here at Comair. Although I would like to get back to the SEA area, I would be happy retiring here.

My son is a Comair CA, and has been with Comair for 6-1/2 years.
He has stated to me, that he fully intends to stay at CMR, and retire from there. He likes the pilot group there very much, and for the most part, he gets along with most of managements decisions as they pertain to operational issues.

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies. I have an interview coming up soon and I just wanted to get a feel for some of the "intangibles" there. Your replies certainly confirm the general impressions I had until now, ie, that Comair is a great place.
I feel very fortunate to have this opportunity and don't want to blow it.
Thanks again.
prodigal

Latest resources

Back