• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Coming For More Cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"That's funny... they still haven't even commented on the last 92, and they are already talking about 80 more."

That's about the jist of it.

80 more on top of the 92 should put us where Delta wants us ... for the first quarter at least.

"That's funny... they still haven't even commented on the last 92, and they are already talking about 80 more."

That's about the jist of it.

80 more on top of the 92 should put us where Delta wants us ... for the first quarter at least.

I think a lot more are coming to get you were Delta wants you! Sucks, but that is life.

The January furloughs take us down to 1150-ish pilots. We'll have 120 aircraft at the end of the year, with lease returns in 2009 taking us down to 113 total aircraft. Depending on how many crews we staff per airplane, that gets us down to 1000-1100-ish pilots total.

Losing 50 aircraft would, of course, take us below the min fleet guarantee.

Anyway, that's how I read the tea leaves.

Fact is that Delta can do what they want with you. You do not have an iron clad contract. It stinks, but DAL will shrink you before they fight any of the other DCI carriers because it is the path of least resistance.
It is quite sad to see what has happened to OH since 99. It was by far the best airline in the Regional industry.

Fact is that Delta can do what they want with you. You do not have an iron clad contract. It stinks, but DAL will shrink you before they fight any of the other DCI carriers because it is the path of least resistance.
It is quite sad to see what has happened to OH since 99. It was by far the best airline in the Regional industry.

Not to mention once the most profitable airline out there....

I'm not disagreeing with you, but is the above not also true of both Mesaba and Compass?

Not to mention once the most profitable airline out there....

It must be because we don't serve mints nor crackers anymore. Saving over $7mil a year combined!!!

I'm not disagreeing with you, but is the above not also true of both Mesaba and Compass?

It only seems logical for DL to start with Comair because they can effectively implement reductions "this very moment" because DL owns Comair and has not taken full control of Mesaba or Compass as of yet. Who even know what might be in their very near future. But I am sure as soon as the merger is complete and all controls are in DL hands everyone will be given their "position." Comair...I am certain will be last.

Latest resources

Back