Comair Classes???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

slick1

Has Comair canceled any/all of the planned newhire classes? Reason(s)? If not, what are the scheduled class dates?

Comair is supposed to lose/return 30 aircraft by the end of September. I guess hiring people into planes that will not be on property seemed a little silly.

So would it be fair to assume that the June 26th class was canceled? And were any recent interviewees placed into a hireing pool, (just in case Comair changes it's mind,........again)?

Not too sure on the class dates, however an issue on the board right now is how Comair is understaffed to the point that they are trying to schedule full time instructor pilots for line flying on their available days off. Against the Working agreement. With that being said maybe there are two outcomes. Either hire more pilots, or get rid of some A/C. We'll see....

We were underbid for 30 of our aircraft. They will leave this year.

As for staffing, I know we are so understaffed right now that our management has said we should not take any furloughs. There will be more downgrades, though.

slick1 said:
So would it be fair to assume that the June 26th class was canceled? And were any recent interviewees placed into a hireing pool, (just in case Comair changes it's mind,........again)?

The June 26th class was not cancelled. Two other classes are still on as well. I am unsure of the start times though.

July 24th is the next class. They are interviewing on the 10th and 11th for that class. They are understaffed. The losing of the 30 planes will still leave them short. A lot of attrition going on. My buddy is in the class that started on June 26th.

bvt1151 said:
We were underbid for 30 of our aircraft. They will leave this year.

As for staffing, I know we are so understaffed right now that our management has said we should not take any furloughs. There will be more downgrades, though.

I just recieved a training plan today that shows upgrade classes going into December. Whats your source?

With an average of 10-15 airplanes parked each day, and under-utilization of others, losing some is no big deal.

fugghedabowdit said:
I just recieved a training plan today that shows upgrade classes going into December. Whats your source?

With an average of 10-15 airplanes parked each day, and under-utilization of others, losing some is no big deal.

I saw the training plan as well, and one of two things are controlling it:

1) the removal of 30 aircraft has not yet been officially announced (although the union has been warned).

2) Comair is that understaffed. Even though we had about 15 aircraft parked on slow days, I just don't buy that we're that understaffed. I hope we are. We've had our share of feet in our arse, especially those downgraded guys.

Disgusting thing is that Mesa just brought in about 30 aircraft to MCO. Underbid once again...

bvt1151 said:
I saw the training plan as well, and one of two things are controlling it:

1) the removal of 30 aircraft has not yet been officially announced (although the union has been warned).

2) Comair is that understaffed. Even though we had about 15 aircraft parked on slow days, I just don't buy that we're that understaffed. I hope we are. We've had our share of feet in our arse, especially those downgraded guys.

Disgusting thing is that Mesa just brought in about 30 aircraft to MCO. Underbid once again...

Source??

The Mesa deal down here at MCO is not a new one. Just took them a while to get all a/c phased out of the USair deal and worked into the DAL system. I believe they have 31 or 32 birds down here now with no immediate plans of growth. (Except for the Dashs in JFK) Always subject to change of course.

Actually CHQ crews have been saying that they are moving a lot of flying out of MCO. We have been told down here that our (CMR) flying will increase later in the year.

But then again those plans probably have changed 5 times since this morning. lol

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back