Comair Classes???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My hunch,

This 30 airplane loss is being used as leverage against us as we prepare for negotiations. Again. While we may in fact lose some more 50s, I think down the road they will be replaced by 70-76 seaters. Of course no one is saying this now because this would be good news. And we all know good news is strictly prohibited at this time.

RJ Bum said:
Source??

The Mesa deal down here at MCO is not a new one. Just took them a while to get all a/c phased out of the USair deal and worked into the DAL system. I believe they have 31 or 32 birds down here now with no immediate plans of growth. (Except for the Dashs in JFK) Always subject to change of course.

Actually CHQ crews have been saying that they are moving a lot of flying out of MCO. We have been told down here that our (CMR) flying will increase later in the year.

But then again those plans probably have changed 5 times since this morning. lol

Six month lag time is NOTHING in this industry. Delta told us last winter they needed to get rid of 30 aircraft...while they were bringing on 30 Mesa aircraft.

Who is flying where is really not my concern. What is my concern is that Comair has lost 30 aircraft worth of the highest paid pilots, to be replaced by Mesa's lowest paid new-hires. If you can't see the obvious connection here, I'll waste no time arguing with you. Rather, I'll spend the time dealing with pilots who are interested in keeping it from happening again.

fugghedabowdit said:
My hunch,

This 30 airplane loss is being used as leverage against us as we prepare for negotiations. Again. While we may in fact lose some more 50s, I think down the road they will be replaced by 70-76 seaters. Of course no one is saying this now because this would be good news. And we all know good news is strictly prohibited at this time.

Apparently 2 of the 30 aircraft are 70's. Why would they take 70's to replace them with themselves? Hopefully this is just the same situation we had this winter, where some 50's they were releasing were listed as collateral for the 70's. Either way, look for ASA or Skywest to increase their 70 fleet by 2. Underbid again.

surplus1 said:
Do you have a suggestion as to what we (the pilots) should do about it?

That is the correct question, and I commend you for asking it.

Unfortunately, all I have are ideas; most of which will inevitibly reveal a fatal flaw once they're bounced around some of the better minds. What is important is that ideas start bouncing around some of the better minds, and I don't mean union leaders. I commend them for their service...yada yada yada, but there needs to be some direct pressure placed on them to fix this problem. The most effective way of doing this, I've found, is to brainstorm ideas, refine the good ones, and offer them publicly as suggestions. If the suggestions are accepted, great. We both know they most likely will not, in which case the pressure must continue and organization and increased population of such pressure would be the next step.

We're being snowed by our own union leaders who claim to be addressing the problem by forming their own "task force" and doing telephone surveys, but nothing ever seems to be accomplished. They can address the problem all they want. What we need are results, and we're not seeing them.

Is it time to start bringing together some of the "better minds?"

bvt1151 said:
Apparently 2 of the 30 aircraft are 70's. Why would they take 70's to replace them with themselves? Hopefully this is just the same situation we had this winter, where some 50's they were releasing were listed as collateral for the 70's. Either way, look for ASA or Skywest to increase their 70 fleet by 2. Underbid again.

Source?

"saw the training plan as well, and one of two things are controlling it:

1) the removal of 30 aircraft has not yet been officially announced (although the union has been warned)."

So your source for the removal of 2 70 seaters and all others you have mentioned is an UNOFFICIAL WARNING from someone to the union?

The CMR MEC has not put out anything so is there another source?

While I agree that these aircraft are leaving, your source is definitely in question.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back