Comair Class Dates...Latest News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airlinepilot

Just talked with the people at Comair....they are in the process of sending letters out to all those with class dates. Classes are on hold until the strike is over. They are hoping that the strike will be resolved soon and they can pickup....in order the people/classes that were scheduled to start May 22nd and after.

In the words of the great Cartman from South Park....svweet....super svweet.......

Who did ya talk to? I was going to call up there again this week but figured I've already called about a dozen times. I figured they have my stuff and I'm on the list so I'll just hang tight...

I was probably goin to go either May 29th ( depending on those military guys release) or in the beginning of June....Do ya think those of us in the mid-Feb. interviews might get a letter?

Thanks for any knowledge you may be able to pass ObiOne...:)

The name of who I spoke with is not important...she knows what she is talking about and is one of the people you talk to about class dates. If you were scheduled for the 29th then you might get the 12th since she said they were hoping my class on the would be held on the 5th (I had a 22 May class). I assume if you had a firm class date you will get a letter since I was told that they would keep those of us with dates in order as they slide back classes.

Comair

Just talked with the people at Comair....they are in the process of sending letters out to all those with class dates. Classes are on hold until the strike is over. They are hoping that the strike will be resolved soon and they can pickup

What strike? From last year is the only one I knew of.

BREAKING NEWS......Bombardier....who supplies builds the RJ aircraft......has been on strike since the 15th of Apr....basic equation...not new aircraft...not need for new crews

Airline Pilot:

A buddy of mine got hired in March but is awaiting a class date. He was told sometime in the end of May or beginning of June. He is a groomsmen in my wedding June 1st and hasent been able to get any answers. With what you heard, you think he will be around to attend my wedding still waiting to hear from Comair when his class would be? His tux is paid for and I'd like him to wear it.
Just want your opinion.
Thanx

Your friend will not have a problem. The reason I wanted to know was so I could plan on taking a 5 day trip to the Florida Keys with the wife. She also said they would be flexible with guys and if a last minute offer for a class causes me (or anyone else) prolbems then they would let me slip a week to the next class they offer. They have plenty of guys sitting around who would gladly take a class on short notice. Also I was told the class size is between 12 to 14 per week which means they don't have hugh holes to fill.
Finally, I don't think the Strike will be over soon. What I read yesterday is that the two sides have not starting talking yet. Once they do start talks and reach an agreement the union will still have to vote...I don't see them back at work without the entire process taking a couple of weeks.......I was in the May 22nd class and I don't think I will see a class start before the end of June

According to a report from Reuters (found on the CBC website), workers are voting, Friday, on a package recommended by an arbitrator. Canadian analysts think the Bombardier strike will be over soon.

Latest resources

Back