Comair class date

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
chperplt,

"@22.50 per hour X 75 hr/mnth=20250 without per diem.. What am I missing if you'll get close to 20K with per diem"

You're missing the fact that at Colgan, take home pay is around $15k after taxes you're 1st yr....no per diem. The later, Comair, after taxes, plus the added per diem, take home is around $20k maybe more. Then 2nd yr, it jumps a good amount. You're also missing a better quality of life. :)

millertime

I'm not missing anything... I'm not comparing Colgan to Comair.

I'm saying that the numbers don't add up to captainv comment that FOs will bring in near 20K the first year with per diem.. It should be more than that...

Understand??

Uncle Sam wants his chunk of your 20K!

As far as lifestyle and quality of life are concerned Colgan and Comair are apples and oranges.

You considering defecting from Senator Colgan's staff? :D

Last edited:
chperplt said:
millertime

I'm not missing anything... I'm not comparing Colgan to Comair.

I'm saying that the numbers don't add up to captainv comment that FOs will bring in near 20K the first year with per diem.. It should be more than that...

Understand??

You're on training pay from when you start indoc until you start IOE (it was $250 a week in '02 when I started). That drops you below $20k for your first year.

>I'm not missing anything... I'm not comparing Colgan to Comair.

>I'm saying that the numbers don't add up to captainv comment >that FOs will bring in near 20K the first year with per diem.. It >should be more than that...

>Understand??

it takes 3 months to go from indoc to reserve, at $250 a week. but at least in your 2nd year you'll make mid 30s...

Latest resources

Back