Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Twotter76

Masterless Samurai
For those of you fortunate enough to be at Comair, what has the attrition rate been like since 9/11. I realize there isnt much major hiring going on but there is some and I would think that RJ captains would be excellent prospects for the majors. Since it seems to me that most of Comairs recent hiring has been driven by expansion rather than attrition is it reasonable to assume that they will continue to hire for the next few years? Are they planning on getting that many RJs? Any scope limits from big D?

I know this is a lot of questions and I appreciate any insight that anyone can provide, I really want to fly for Comair but I cant even get an interview right now, even with 800 hours of 121 twin turboprop time (I used to think that was a lot :) ) . I am sure it will come around soon but I am trying to get a feel for the environment there. Thanks

Twotter76

Question

Hey, when's Era going to start hiring again, and what do I have to do to get noticed around there besides throwing bags?

The answer is ZERO. I have been here six months and have not moved up a single number in seniority since day one. Hope this helps. :eek:

It helps but it isnt exactly what I was hoping to hear.

As to when we will be hiring again, my guess is not any time soon. There are still people from the last training class waiting for a slot and it looks bleak even for them. Dont know how to get noticed other than throwing bags. Call and ask to speak to the chief pilot, thats what I did. Have someone walk in your resume if you know anyone that works here. Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

Twotter76

Seniority number

JI Gone OH,

Your seniority number may go up 1 July. That's when the company is required to publish new seniority numbers. On the 1 Jan 02 list, my number went up 13. Don't depend on bid vacancy lists or the bid packet for your seniority number. That won't change between months. Look at your relative bid position. That will provide a more direct indication of movement.

I haven't moved much since upgrading.

Good luck!

Latest resources

Back