Comair/ASA crews in SLC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To all the ASA guys,

Welcome to SLC. I am sorry to say, but the controllers aren't nearly as good as DFW, but the scenery I think you will find is much better. I have to admit I am jealous that you guys brought the 70 seater to SLC before we did, but neverthless Welcome! you guys have treated us good in DFW & I am more than happy to return the favor!

General Lee,

I wouldn't expect Delta mainline guys to get 70 & 90 seat RJ's. I just don't think the mainline pilots would accept the payscales that we are at. I just hope that our payscales don't suffer any more than they already have. There our rumors that our management is in talks with SAPA to have the same payscales for the 70 & 90 seat RJ's. I might go with the same payscale for the 70, but I think I wouldn't take the same pay for the 90. I hope that theindustry doesn't get as burned as fast as Sherman went through Georgia:cool:

General Lee - Sarcastic but entertaining

Jeepman,

I am hearing that the economics are being negotiated and that DALPA is seriously interested in the 70 & 90 seaters. Just look at the Eagle situation - the 70 seaters are favored for the furloughees. Expect a similar situation at Delta. I would bet that most furloughees would prefer flying a 70 seater as Captain (even as an FO if pressed) to mortgage lending!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I would.... Especially since Comair won't accomodate them. I have spoken with many Delta furloughees and they are dying to get back in the cockpit - most would easily fly 50-seater CRJs if given the option. Wouldn't you want to fly again if you were furloughed and not flying for the last 6-9 months?

For all of those who are upset at General Lee - it is obvious that his statement was FLAME BAIT. Looks like you guys fell into it. Yeah, he is very sarcastic, but he is loyal to his furloughees and he is entertaining.... Just take whatever he says with a grain of salt.

General Lee said:
I know our furloughs can't wait to fly all of the 70 seaters, and eventual 90 seaters. I can't wait to see them out in SLC or ATL next to my 757.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool:

Nope, no operational intergration there, huh?

I love all of you---especially Heavy Set.

Bye Bye---General Lee:cool: :D ;) :p

Gentlemen-

I made the original post basically to welcome the new crews to SLC and ask how they like it so far. As usual for these bulletin boards, it has degenerated into a pis$ing contest and a 'turf war'. Well, as sad as it may be...with DL cutting back as they are, there is plenty of flying to go around to the DC carriers. And then of course there can't ever be a DC thread without General Lee throwing in his sarcastic $.02. Can't we all just get along?

For the gentleman that commented about still being an FO after 2.5 years, welcome to a repeat of the early 1990s. I don't think you'll find much sympathy here, since many of us have been there before. I was hired in the mid-90s, and I sat right seat for four years before being able to upgrade. Even then I still loved going to work and I took pride in my job. At some carriers it took even longer. As FurloughedAgain said so eloquently in another thread, it's all about the unrealistic expectations of a different generation of pilots.

Let the beatings continue :D

JBcrjca said:
Gentlemen-

I made the original post basically to welcome the new crews to SLC and ask how they like it so far. As usual for these bulletin boards, it has degenerated into a pis$ing contest and a 'turf war'. Well, as sad as it may be...with DL cutting back as they are, there is plenty of flying to go around to the DC carriers. And then of course there can't ever be a DC thread without General Lee throwing in his sarcastic $.02. Can't we all just get along?

For the gentleman that commented about still being an FO after 2.5 years, welcome to a repeat of the early 1990s. I don't think you'll find much sympathy here, since many of us have been there before. I was hired in the mid-90s, and I sat right seat for four years before being able to upgrade. Even then I still loved going to work and I took pride in my job. At some carriers it took even longer. As FurloughedAgain said so eloquently in another thread, it's all about the unrealistic expectations of a different generation of pilots.

Let the beatings continue :D

WHEN DID I EVER SAY I DID NOT LIKE GOING TO WORK?!?!?

I appologize if I offended everyone because I simply stated that I would like to upgrade! I know things were tough before and it looks like times may be tougher now, but don't lecture me on how I should just sit back and thank the aviation GODS I have a job.

Of course I am glad to be at a company that pays decent while getting to fly good equipment. Do I have to be happy about being stuck in the right seat.......HELL NO...and just because you did it "back in the 90's" does not give you the right to put me down for wanting the left seat.

Good day!:mad:

asarjfo -

Relax, you don't have to be so defensive. I never said that you don't like going to work...I merely pointed out that I DID. I didn't lecture you on anything, I didn't put you down for anything. I was just trying to offer a different perspective, but you clearly took it the wrong way. Peace

And with that being said, I'm done with this thread :rolleyes:

General Sherman said:
Yeah, get back under the porch with the rest of the pups. You ain't ready to run with the big dogs yet.

Have you met our friend General Lee?

Latest resources

Back