Comair/ASA crews in SLC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fanman:

Is that what you really want? Do you know the kinds of schedules we fly and the pay we work for?

My last trip had 5 legs the first day (7.4 hrs block), REDUCED REST, then 5 legs the next day (6.4 block).....all this for a pittance.

I would think you mainline guys would make more on unemployment, then flying an RJ.

The regionals are hard work with little glamour or appreciation. I'm happy to be working, but I think a mainline guy would be MISERABLE here....IMHO.

Yes, I do know what the schedules are like, and I fought with about 1500 others to make contractual improvements in the industry, only to be trashed by the POS Mesa agreement. I can tell you they are definitely better than working for a Part 135 charter firm while on furlough. I know the first year pay sucks, but second or third year pay is at least livable in some parts of the country.
I think most people dont get the point that I am trying to make, this industry was not going to expand forever! People who are relatively low time, and think they are going to progress overnight, have got it wrong.

Speaking of Comair in ATL, fresh out of recurrent, (ASA) the new 'rumor' is that we will be hiring by June, mostly for DFW, and we are losing 10 more lines in ATL to Comair.

fanman said:
"Just hard to stomach when you are stuck at the bottom after 2 1/2 years with no sign of upgrade in sight." Boo Hoo!!! Gee, I really feel sorry for you....I don't know if you have noticed recently, but the industry is in the crapper! I find it amusing when people think that it is natrual for seat and career progression to move consistantly in their favor to infinity. Like the early '90's, no, WORSE! The music has stopped, and the party is over! Just be glad you have a 121 job with a schedule, and you are not back at the local FBO dealing with the sludge, and sh*theads of the aviation world that will never progress anywhere!

Yea, that is some outstanding rationale.....I should just be happy with my situation because somebody else has it worse than me! That is a great outlook to have....I am sure you will go far in life.

I will just continue kissing the ground everytime I get off a flight because I have a job.......while we are at....I say we just tell management we don't need a raise. Afterall, look at the state of the industry!!!

Get a clue :confused:

While I certainly hope that the June hiring rumor is true, I highly doubt it. We will probably start training the DFW EMB pilots begining in May or June. This will probably take most of the summer to complete (About 120 pilots, training around 40 pilots per month). I couldn't imagine seeing a new hire class until September, but then again you just never know. I'm sure we'll see some classes this fall, but that's just speculation. Time will tell! Good luck to all those waiting!

I know our furloughs can't wait to fly all of the 70 seaters, and eventual 90 seaters. I can't wait to see them out in SLC or ATL next to my 757.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool:

General Clown

General Lee said,
I know our furloughs can't wait to fly all of the 70 seaters, and eventual 90 seaters. I can't wait to see them out in SLC or ATL next to my 757.

Why is it that every time you post you have to come off sounding like such a wholier-than-thou jerk?

What did these guys ever do to you???

"my 757"?? What a clown.

Last edited:
What a sad state of the industry when mainline Delta guys are looking forward to flying RJ's ! Do I really want to do this for the next 25 years? I have a sinking feeling about this career, where are the good jobs these days?

General Lee definitely comes across as a jerk.
General,
relax go drink a beer and get laid. Get off the computer and find something to do but talk about work all the time.......
especially the same thing 62 times a day...da-mn comair

Last edited:
Hey General Lee,

Isn't there a clause in the DAL PWA that talks about all flying of a specific type aircraft on DAL property has to be flown by DAL pilots? The 70 seat is the same type as the 50 so either DCI pilots would be on your list, or you'd have to hire over 3000 pilots more at DAL. However, I'm all for it since I'd rather be flying with you at DAL instead of beside you at ASA.

Latest resources

Back