• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair and ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, the concession is not happening this time. I appreciate the original post and can only hope that the groups who will benefit from Comair's demise will take the torch and run with it. I'd like to think that by giving up my seniority, my livelihood, my home, some good was done for the future of the industry.

You can add Express Jet, Horizon, Mesaba, Trans States, ACA/Indy to the list of groups that have sacrificed for the benefit of all regional pilots. Horizon and Express Jet have not yet felt the true pain, but it is coming. Stand strong guys, and hope that others will follow. Mesa, CHQ, Skywest, Pinnacle, future regional pilots...are you listening?

Yeah, but what are you sayin?? Trans states sacrificed for who's benifit? Goux Jets....If you give all that up it will not do a thing for this industry.

Last edited:
Yeah, but what are you sayin?? Trans states sacrificed for who's benifit? Goux Jets....If you give all that up it will not do a thing for this industry.

Unfortunately I think you may be right! This industry is full of too many WH0RES!!! SJS is the driving force behind it all. The infamous statement...."I'm just going to get my 1000hrs pic and move on, YEEEEAAAAAAH RIIIIIIIGHT!!!!:rolleyes:

Well, the concession is not happening this time. I appreciate the original post and can only hope that the groups who will benefit from Comair's demise will take the torch and run with it. I'd like to think that by giving up my seniority, my livelihood, my home, some good was done for the future of the industry.

You can add Express Jet, Horizon, Mesaba, Trans States, ACA/Indy to the list of groups that have sacrificed for the benefit of all regional pilots. Horizon and Express Jet have not yet felt the true pain, but it is coming. Stand strong guys, and hope that others will follow. Mesa, CHQ, Skywest, Pinnacle, future regional pilots...are you listening?

You do realize you listed more airlines that are sacrificing than are benefiting, right?

Not to mention two of the airlines benefiting the most are non-ALPA carriers.

Horizon and Express Jet have not yet felt the true pain, but it is coming.

Well, Horizon is not going to feel any pain since we don't fly for any other carrier (Soon to no longer be Frontier JetExpress, thank goodness), we have been profitable the last three years, and we have a pilot group that has been through the process before and isn't about to back down to management. We fly highly profitable airplanes (Mostly turboprops) and by July over half Q400's. Plus we're Teamsters, so when someone makes us mad we just pull out the lead pipes and put someone in cement shoes.;) :laugh:

Well, Horizon is not going to feel any pain since we don't fly for any other carrier (Soon to no longer be Frontier JetExpress, thank goodness), we have been profitable the last three years, and we have a pilot group that has been through the process before and isn't about to back down to management. We fly highly profitable airplanes (Mostly turboprops) and by July over half Q400's.

Replace the Q400's with CRJ-700's in that statement, and you've got Comair three years ago. Be careful. It CAN and WILL happen to you.

Replace the Q400's with CRJ-700's in that statement, and you've got Comair three years ago. Be careful. It CAN and WILL happen to you.

The difference is we fly for ourselves AND it's NOT CRJ-700s (more like a majority of CRJ-200s) which have a high CASM. Also, our parent company is not bankrupt (it's making money), has over $1 billion in the bank and is not leaking money like a broken watering can. Yes, we do have 20 CRJ's which have been a challange to find profitable routes with, but that's why we stopped ordering any more last year. We will have 33 Q400's by August.

Not to mention the last three years we have been profitable were three of the worst years in the airline industry as far as profits (more like the lack there of). Last quarter was a record second quarter for Alaska Air Group and the third quarter is shaping up to be a record profit too. All this while we were paid the highest in the regional industry. I am cautiously optimistic. Sorry if that hurts.

The difference is we fly for ourselves AND it's NOT CRJ-700s (more like a majority of CRJ-200s) which have a high CASM. Also, our parent company is not bankrupt (it's making money), has over $1 billion in the bank and is not leaking money like a broken watering can. Yes, we do have 20 CRJ's which have been a challange to find profitable routes with, but that's why we stopped ordering any more last year. We will have 33 Q400's by August.

Not to mention the last three years we have been profitable were three of the worst years in the airline industry as far as profits (more like the lack there of). Last quarter was a record second quarter for Alaska Air Group and the third quarter is shaping up to be a record profit too. All this while we were paid the highest in the regional industry. I am cautiously optimistic. Sorry if that hurts.

No it doesn't hurt, but ASA has been profitable EVERY YEAR that they have been in service. If we can't get a pay raise NOW (Record Profits...Tons O CASH) then just when in the H3LL are we suppose to get a raise? :confused: Anyone....Anyone....Fry....Fry....Fry...!

Latest resources

Back