• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Academy changes name...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think instructors wearing uniforms is kind of silly but students wearing them is crazy! I understand why the airlines do it....for pax comfort and ease of mind.

But if it's you and an instructor flying a Seneca, it seems to me the instructor could wear kahkis and a polo, student can wear whatever the hell he wants!

Uniforms

Students and instructors wore uniforms at FSI. Even the Chief Pilot and his assistants. The only people who did not wear uniforms were the Center Manager, the campus administration, and office staff. Maybe it's been too many years, but I don't recall any complaints.

Just the same, I have to say it again, "Delta Connection Academy" is an insipid name for a flight school. Should MAPD be renamed, "America West Express Academy" or "USAir Express Academy." "Freedom Academy"? Sorry, I couldn't resist the last one.

Hey at Shields Aviation at CRG near JAX

we had to wear those good humor uniforms at Shields Aviation. Then there was the two ass kissing split tails, that always got the best instructors, never had to want for a plane to finish up lessons when planes were hard to get from dispatch and never had to wear the UNIFORMS! Daddy's little girls never had to wear them. Everybody else did...so did the other girls...but these TWO didn't. I bet they are living the good life at major now. Maybe not the one, the brunette had issues with singing while under the hood. Couldn't stop doing it. So maybe she is just a check airman at a commuter now, or how you say it, a REGIONAL?

Latest resources

Back