• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair 10/24/06 Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If its the same interview group as mine, you probably won't hear until Nov. 16th, just speculating. How did it go? Any surprises?

With the number of pilots that Comair has walking out the door, I am surprised that they didn't tell you you had the job before the interview started.

With the number of pilots that Comair has walking out the door, I am surprised that they didn't tell you you had the job before the interview started.

Ditto! I'd think if you have a pulse and the times/experience, they'd save the postage and hire you on the spot!!

Ditto! I'd think if you have a pulse and the times/experience, they'd save the postage and hire you on the spot!!

Bear in mind I was an idiot and left my former 121 carrier after 6 months. I spent the entire interview justifying my resignation from a very good regional airline. Live and Learn.

Where are they basing the new hires? Has there been any word on growth or is this purely for attrition? How is the lifestyle on reserve?

Where are they basing the new hires? Has there been any word on growth or is this purely for attrition? How is the lifestyle on reserve?

1. JFK seems like the obvious base, as it continues to expand

2. lots of growth possible. the number of aircraft removed from our fleet could grow as high as 73 airframes, out of a total fleet of @ 170.

3. reserve is great if you enjoy getting used every day you're available but still getting nowhere near breaking guarantee.

i heard because of new block hours in JFK (picking up Mesa's slack) every reserve FO in JFK has already been tagged for november. except for one.

1. JFK seems like the obvious base, as it continues to expand

2. lots of growth possible. the number of aircraft removed from our fleet could grow as high as 73 airframes, out of a total fleet of @ 170.

3. reserve is great if you enjoy getting used every day you're available but still getting nowhere near breaking guarantee.

i heard because of new block hours in JFK (picking up Mesa's slack) every reserve FO in JFK has already been tagged for november. except for one.

As for breaking garuntee, I have broken garuntee every month isnce last winter. I'm at 86 hours for October. My last trip was a 21 hour 3 day, as opposed to my friend (whose a lineholder) 18 hour 4 day.

Soooooooooo, what do you say guys, CMR or XJT... ;)

Decisions, decisions.

Based solely on airlinepilotcentral.com, it looks like if that FA contract had gone through, CMR would have about the same pay scale as XJT or Republic or other large regionals. Still beats me how Delta can make Comair bid for flying, I thought being wholly owned would provide some protection from that. Does AA make Eagle bid for its flying?

Latest resources

Back