Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Viking

Check this website out : www.bain4weeks.com

It has a lot of good info and resources on earning a regionally accredited college bachelors degree by challenge exams through,

Charter Oak State College www.cosc.edu
or
Excelsior College www.excelsior.edu
or
Thomas Edison State College www.tesc.edu

I doubt you can do it in 4 weeks but the ability to get a college degree entirely through challenge credit is amazing! These schools also accept credits from other regionally accredited schools, so if you were close to finishing but didn't quite get there, check it out!

Maybe not really worth it...

As a former pilot interviewer...the airlines all know of these places, and their value is HIGHLY discredited.

I'm not saying do or don't take this route, just be aware that it may be of little real value in the selection process.

REALITY!

Perhaps the airline you interviewed for finds these Regionally accredited universities that are recognized by the US Department of Education to have no merit, but I think your blanket statement that "the airlines all know of these places, and their value is HIGHLY discredited" is full of crap!

Many airlines have hired pilots from these schools including:
FedEx
American Airlines
Alaska Airlines

and lets not forget the armed forces have commissioned officers with baccalaureates from these schools.

I've done interviews at airlines as well. The college degree from a regionally accredited school is a check mark in the application process and is not given much consideration beyond that.

First of all, I highly doubt anyone can finish a college degree in 4 weeks. Thats just the name of the website!

However, if one could finish in 4 weeks they probably have enough brains to stay out of aviation!

don't need a 4 yr degree

Why all the fuss, a 4 yr degree has nothing to do with flying an airplane. We all know fantastic pilots without degrees and absolutely terrible pilots with degrees. Fedex does not require a college degree, they give equivalent experience credit. i.e. a graduate of a military flight program is the same as two years of college. If you go to college learn something that will earn you a living like Nursing, Engineering, Teacher, CPA, etc.

Thomas Edison

I must take exeption to the implication that Thomas Edison State College is not on the up and up. Nothing could be further from the truth.

To be fair, I have not heard of the 4 week degree, but Edison is fully accredited and totally an above board learning institution.

Fedex does not require a college degree, they give equivalent experience credit. i.e. a graduate of a military flight program is the same as two years of college.

Okay, to whom might this credit apply?? I thought pilots were officers, and officers had minimum 4-year degrees.

Warrant Officers who fly rotary wing don't need a 4 year degree. But you're right about almost everyone else.

Re: Maybe not really worth it...

20/20 said:
As a former pilot interviewer...the airlines all know of these places, and their value is HIGHLY discredited.

I guess you should tell the interview board at Delta. A friend of mine was hired at Delta mainline with a "distance learning degree" from Thomas Edison.

Navy 2 yr program

In the 80's the Navy took pilots also with a 2 yr degree, and the Army has fixed wing Turbo prop and Jet Pilots with only a HS degree.

Latest resources

Back