Colgan...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyinTim

Hey all, I am a 20 y/o CFI... I am looking to move on, but I really can't afford to move at all for more then 2-3 months.. I currently instruct out of Providence.. 1300/100. Looking into Colgan, cause of the Saab, and the Providence base.. Curious what you Colgan guys think of my chances are to get based there..

Thanks, Tim

If you get hired by Colgan you can not really pick a base....they put you where they need you. But FO's come and go with upgrades so each month you can put in for it and you might get it.

I believe at the moment they are only hiring for the Beach...but that was this month so put your stuff in it takes time......

PM me I can tell you more....

Acepilot81 said:
If you get hired on the Beech, can you still bid for the Saab.

did they change how they do things there? When i was there only beech captains went to the saab, and i don't really recall bidding......some dude randomly called me up and said "you're going in august"

Yeah, you bid for the Saab by flying as a Beech FO for one year minimum, a Beech Captain for one year minimum, then Saab captain. They have moved a few Beech FOs to Saab FOs for various personal reasons, but it is not the norm.

Just call up CP Tom Brink and tell him you have a geriatric aunt in Providence, your favorite aunt, and you’re the guy that empties her colostomy bag. He'll take care of you.

HughBeamont said:
Just call up CP Tom Brink and tell him you have a geriatric aunt in Providence, your favorite aunt, and you’re the guy that empties her colostomy bag. He'll take care of you.

He'll take care of you because he's so old that he can relate... The company had to put him in his own office in the corner of the hanger to keep the smell out of HQ.. Nothing worse than the smell of a nearly full colostomy bag in the middle of the summer while you're trying to eat Burger King...

You think I'm kidding..... :eek:

An FO 2 classes ago got providence. Im just not sure if they are hiring into the saab right now. You could always commute. Colgan won't take you too far away, lol.

Your a 20 year old CFI? My suggestion since you can't upgrade till your 23 is to look into Air Wisconsin or another regional on the east coast who pay better second/third year. At Air wisky you can make 24/35/36 vs. Colgan's 21/23/24.

Thats a great point! I never thought about telling someone that. By the time you upgrade at AW you will be of age, same at Colgan, so why not go for it!

I agree with the guys who say go to Air Wisky or someone like that. Colgan is good for decent upgrade times....but you have to wait anyways so you might as well wait in a shiny little jet.

I think there is an FO in upstate new york who is like 22 and got on at Colgan at like 19. He must have like 2500 hours in the right seat of the SAAB...that has got to suck.....since I am sure all people in his class must have upgraded and some already moved on to other airlines!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back