• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My buddy went to colgan after a furlough at Boston-Maine. He flew right seat in the SAAB for all but 9 months and has four stripes on his shoulders now. He is pretty happy there.

Tram said:
Eh, a few have slid under the 600.. I know 2 guys who both have Xjet interviews in the comming weeks that are both under 600.. Very close, but still under..

I've also talked to a couple of ATP guys who have less than 600 and got hired

Extra info on Colgan

I'm curious about some extra info on Colgan also... On climbto350.com it looks like they're hiring quite a bit. I think XJT is a good company also, but they're starting to get picky with who they're hiring, I don't blame them though...

I don't agree with the remark about 600 hour pilots flying for an airline being scary though. I don't see a huge difference between a 600 hour pilot and a 1000 hour pilot. I think most people with that time are capable of going through a ground school/training program, become a F/O for a regional and doing quite well. They're in the position to learn just as any F/O starting out at a regional, they're not making the final decision which is obviously understood, but I think they can be a great deal of help and support to the crew obviously depending on the individual. Just my opinion however. =)

Last edited:
Lrjtcaptain said:
My buddy went to colgan after a furlough at Boston-Maine. He flew right seat in the SAAB for all but 9 months and has four stripes on his shoulders now. He is pretty happy there.

my friend just got hired by colgan as an FO on the Saab... they told him about 1 year for upgrade.

also, he built all his multi time at Ari Ben doing the hood work with a safety pilot.. 250hrs worth, so they can't be too picky about that multi time.

I sent them an app via climbto350 but they want you to fill out a 2 hour freakin app. Drives me nutz. But hey the boss isn't here today so I've got the time.

I also heard 1yr from a few guys I know there. I wouldn't be betting on IAH to start though.

My last instructor just started there. He's getting based in the northeast. I think he got hired with around 700/200 or so.

You sent the app in today? You might get a phone call in the next day or so if they're hiring.. I interviewed with Colgan at ~730/250 or so.. The NE just isn't for me..

Be yourself, they want to see that you WANT to work there..

Know what "viscous hydroplaining" is.. I think that was the only thing on the written they give you I got confused on.. :)

Latest resources

Back