• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Say what?! Sometimes I wonder about you, BRA... Must be all the PringPrang influence during your formative FO years. Here's a good one I'll never forget: "We don't need to deice. The 3 inches of snow that's completely covering the aircraft isn't adherring!"

You know you like it, the thread was going no where until i ignited it. FO years? Who spends years as an FO here??? Does anyone ever make it past 2 years that wasn't old enough to upgrade?

What about the time the thread savior was sporting one 3 stripe, and one 4 stripe?

What about the time the thread savior was sporting one 3 stripe, and one 4 stripe?

That happened all the time... It went with his one blue sock and one black sock.... Once he even had one brown shoe and one black shoe.

None of that stuff bothered me... It was laughable. The fact that he wouldn't shower just killed me..

Before your time BRA and many of the other current Colganites was someone who made this fine gentlemen look like a fine gentleman.

This dude would show up to work and pull his uniform out of a shopping bag and toss it on.. He would only shave if someone had spotted the CP in Boston and then he would bum money off his FO so he could get a razor. He would then dry shave and come back with blood all over him. Not to mention that fact that he didn't shower very much either..

BSkin, d82..... Remember who I'm talking about??? These stories can go on forever... Good thing I'm on reserve the next 3 days!!

I believe I do. He was the one who kept moving bases because no one could stand him, until he left for some mystery job.

Sad part was that it bothered him that no one liked him, but he was not able to change his behaviour to fix it.

Still, seeing our previously mentioned ace riding his bike into syr after his truck was impounded getting it through security and riding side saddle past all the gates was pretty funny.

Yes, you are thinking about the correct individual. I actually got a phone call a year or so back from someone trying to do a background check on him. He was applying for a Flight Instructor job at some school in San Fran... I told him that in good conscience I could not say anything about this guy...

As for the previously mentioned moron, I use to see him walking though downtown PWM in full uniform on his off days. What a tool!! Thank god his job at Cape Air ended just as quickly as it started... The last thing he needs to be doing was flying single pilot!!

chperplt said:
Do you remember what finally did him in??? It was one of the best stories of all time!

My 3 months based in SYR with the MP were pretty interesting. I know what did him in at Colgan, what about Cape Air? Didn't hear that one.

Ahhh, from Prange to Aaron, two of the finest Colgan alumns. The latter slept in his car in PWM, and even that was a piece of crap. Chper, I though he was trying to get into the CAP and couldn't even do that! Monday Night Football has their "Horse Trailer", these two would be a good start to the Colgan "Tool Shed".

Chosen One,

After he left Colon Air, he briefly got a job with Cape Air. A few of us found out about the job while in HYA and an ex cape guy beech captain made a phone call...

Bskin,

Yes, he tried to do the CAP thing... Didn't work out very well for him.

The stories of Aaron could go on for days..... The time he wanted to taxi on the service road in Boston toward to temp gates and Sammy wouldn't let him move. The cuss words that came from the cockpit.. What the passengers must have been thinking!!

The one that did him in was the best.... Waiting in the Boston penalty box for a gate..Thunderstorm approaching..Julie calls the flight up and tells them they will be sending a bus out to the box to pick everyone up and bring them inside before the storm hits. He can't find a thunderstorm evac procedure in the FLOP so he can't made a decision.. Hmmm. Shut the engines down and open the F-n door you dope!!! The storm comes and everyone is stuck on the airplane for over 2 hours.... He quit the next day.

chperplt said:
The one that did him in was the best.... Waiting in the Boston penalty box for a gate..Thunderstorm approaching..Julie calls the flight up and tells them they will be sending a bus out to the box to pick everyone up and bring them inside before the storm hits. He can't find a thunderstorm evac procedure in the FLOP so he can't made a decision.. Hmmm. Shut the engines down and open the F-n door you dope!!! The storm comes and everyone is stuck on the airplane for over 2 hours.... He quit the next day.

Chper, I remember that day well, I was there. Pissed that I couldn't load up quick enough to beat the wx (shocker there in BOS). I talked to the fool on the ops radio, "can't find anything in the FLOP about this", he said. Mel and I laughed our a$$'s off and I walked away. Anyone in this business that can't, at times, think outside the box, shouldn't be flying. I recommend anyone that reads this to visit the military side on here and read about the Navy helo pilot that did, I guess no more, get chastised for going "outside the box" to save lives.

Latest resources

Back