• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone can shed some light for me, I interviewed back in October and it is now Late November, I havent heard a thing back from Colgan, I called them and was told I am good to go with my paperwork. I have 3200TT and previous 121, no failures. I passed the entire interview and was congratulated at the end, however I feel now i am being written off, please save the snide remarks for other people, i dont have time for anything else but information.

Thanks

They probably found a more qualified 1000-1500 hour pilot.

Don't worry, "We fixed it."

" Why not call them to find out, genius? They may be able to assist you if you only would...............CALl THEM!!!!!!!!!!!"

i did call several times GENIUS. was told i was good to go....ya know what, im sorry I posted on this f**king site, i should have known this would happen.

" Why not call them to find out, genius? They may be able to assist you if you only would...............CALl THEM!!!!!!!!!!!"

i did call several times GENIUS. was told i was good to go....ya know what, im sorry I posted on this f**king site, i should have known this would happen.

Awww cmon man. I'm just funnin with you. Hey Colgan isn't the only one hiring right now. If they don't call you, you may get on with someone a lot better than them anyway. Hey keep your head up and all the best!!!

thanks man, kinda pulled the trigger too quick here,my fault, im a bit weary of posting here from all the flack everyone gets, yea, ill try someone else but really what bugs me is getting possibly rejected by the ugly girl in class(colgan)....that is whats burning me the most really lol.

What's your problem? Are you suggesting that there's a difference between a 1300 hour pilot and 1500? Does something magical happen between those few hundred hours?

First off Colgan's mins are 1000 hrs TT and that's what I posted.
Second off, there is a big difference between 1000 hrs and 1500 hrs. A 1000 hr pilot isn't qualified for P135 PIC let alone an ATP.
I feel that multi-eng PIC in real WX, not simulated and not as a CFI, is extremely valuable. A 1000 hr pilot most likely won't have that experience.

First off Colgan's mins are 1000 hrs TT and that's what I posted.
Second off, there is a big difference between 1000 hrs and 1500 hrs. A 1000 hr pilot isn't qualified for P135 PIC let alone an ATP.
I feel that multi-eng PIC in real WX, not simulated and not as a CFI, is extremely valuable. A 1000 hr pilot most likely won't have that experience.

1000 1200 1500 are just numbers. As long as you have at least a couple of hundred hours of IFR PIC you're qualified to fly at a regional, Colgan decides that.

Last edited:
All the regionals are hiring 1000 and less guys. Nothing will change until it has to.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back