Colgan Street Captains?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wanafly said:
Anyone know the requirements for captains off the street? Any other info would be appreciated also......like pay, min days off, training info and just about anything.

I would guess an ATP, some turbine PIC time, or may be some time in type on the beech or saab along with some piston PIC is what they are looking for. Some combitnation of those things. It's a great chance for someone to get some PIC and move on though. Especially if you are at 300-400 turbine PIC. You will be at the bottom of the seniority list, but the worst place to be at the bottom is houston, all the other bases you would probably be the #3 or #4 guy out of 3 or 4 guys. It may not be too long before you are the #2 guy at your base. People quit and change bases a lot at colgan. Everyones situation will be different as far as which base they would want and QOL. But if one is lacking PIC and you have the walk in's at the better airlines colgan would be the place to get your career going. There are very few places where you can be handed the keys to a beech 1900 or saab 340 right out of initial groundschool. Gulfstream in florida is probably one of a few others. I am convinced that turbine prop PIC is better then jet SIC at least 9 times out of 10. Good luck.

Last edited:
All the tubine pic in the world won't do you any good with a violation, and the feds are up Colgans rear hardcore right now. (and they should be)

PBRstreetgang said:
Hey,
We had one of our F/Os leave for G0jets with less than a year in the EMB, his reasoning was a street Capt job or at least a quick upgrade.
PBR

Jokes on him. He'll be sitting reserve for a while when they merge the list I have more senority as a FO and bump him back to reserve when I upgrade.

Trans Jets! No wait a sec... Go States! Guess we'll see if it goes up for a vote. It will be nice to have this thing settled. Be bad for the guys who thought they would jump way up the list.

BeechCowboy48 said:
All the tubine pic in the world won't do you any good with a violation, and the feds are up Colgans rear hardcore right now. (and they should be)

Just don't get violated. I never had any problems. I had the FAA on board and around plenty of times. No problems. No letters of investigation either. Being a checkairman, i've had them on board more often for the fed rides as well. Just be smart, the two america west pilots in MIA were not under the microsope, but they got in trouble, and are now out of a job. How many dudes at colgan have actually been violated? I know a few have letters of investigation, but how many got violated out of that??

been here well over 5 years. never violated (except sat nights, but thats for a different thread). you always have the choice. if you are stupid enough to pushed into doing something you know is not right then you will get all you deserve.

Just wondering if anyone got in trouble over not being issued the proper weight and balance forms or whiz wheels until a few days after they were required.

Latest resources

Back