Colgan Street Captains?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wanafly

Anyone know the requirements for captains off the street? Any other info would be appreciated also......like pay, min days off, training info and just about anything.

wanafly said:
Anyone know the requirements for captains off the street? Any other info would be appreciated also......like pay, min days off, training info and just about anything.

1st year CA pay is 32/hr for the Beech and 40/hr for the Saab. 10 days min off per month, although 12-13 is pretty standard. Groundschool, sim and IOE should take about 6 weeks total. Good luck!

wanafly said:
Anyone know the requirements for captains off the street?

1. Type rating
2. Vaseline (saab), KY with applicator (beech)
3. Invitation to senior FO blanket party

enjoy ....

TheBigH said:
1. Type rating
2. Vaseline (saab), KY with applicator (beech)
3. Invitation to senior FO blanket party

enjoy ....
Hey,
You forgot the willingness to be issued a pink slip for failing the training. We had one of our F/Os leave for G0jets with less than a year in the EMB, his reasoning was a street Capt job or at least a quick upgrade. It has been said by more than a few, wiser than me the RJ is an easy jet to fly, much harder to operate. If you gotta ask whats the difference you ain't ready to assume command.
Yeah go ahead take the job, you are more than ready.
PBR

Make Sure you are really good at flying around with one engine as well, colgan has a catastrophic engine failure at about one per month between the 2 ac lately. (Beech lost one into BOS yesterday)

BeechCowboy48 said:
colgan has a catastrophic engine failure at about one per month between the 2 ac lately. (Beech lost one into BOS yesterday)

On a positive note, the practice makes PC's a breeze ....

A buddy of mine - former Colgan F/O - says he got a call and was offered a left seat if he would come back. It didn't take much counseling from me for him to realize just how bad a move that would be.

...edited for spelling...

Last edited:
why would it be bad. anything is what you make it. pic time is the goal right? if you want to get screwed around all the time just answer the phone every time you see a 703 number. I get left alone, but of course i don't answer those #'s!! I'm sure though if I could just fly a jet I would never get screwed by sceduling and it would never break down.

dh82dvr said:
if you want to get screwed around all the time just answer the phone every time you see a 703 number.

Thats why my cell phone wasn't a 703 number. I knew while i worked there no one would ever answer my calls....

Latest resources

Back