• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Starts at $14,400?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wasn't there another article recently about how Kit Darby had to find a way to make it on his pay cut which took him down to $150,000? Had to sell the BMW or some crap like that?

Once again, belief only half of what you read and almost none of whay you hear.

Mookie said:
I keep seeing you guys carrying cases of water and cokes to the planes in iah...do you all really have to stock the galley yourselves??

Yep. The F/As clean and cater the aircraft at the end of the day.

Pilots please take it easy on Kit. His info is better than nothing, and keeps you informed. With this extremely rapid changing industry it is difficult to keep up, especially when the airlines themselves provide incorrect information.

TheBigH said:
Oh the good ole' days ... nothing like taking a drive by Hunts Point .........

BTW ... I'll be finishing up my first year at Colgan here soon and I'll come in over $25,000 for the year .... Yet to have less than a 100 hr credit month ... Not everyone gets that lucky but goes to show it's definetly not the worst place ...

$25,000 a year. You lucky son of a gun. Mybe you can buy that pinto you have always wanted.

SF340Guy said:
Yeah, and then when you get violated and fired for breaking the 121 regs for hours of flight time in a year, you wont have to complain about that $h!tty pay rate.

Ok, so 1200 hrs is legal in a 19 seater. I didn't know that, but that still wont stop you from killing a plane load, because you were fatigued on min rest, and didn't want to stop that truckload of money from stopping by your house by taking a day off.

MELIT said:
$25,000 a year. You lucky son of a gun. Mybe you can buy that pinto you have always wanted.

Nah my cars are paid off from when I had a real job ..... I actually chose to do this because I was miserable making six figures behind a desk ... I'm not the right guy to make fun of cuz of my salary Jack ... I've made 3 times what you make in a year and it's not all about the money ... that's where marrying a woman that can support you comes in handy ...

much love ... better luck next time ... I like getting my $25,000 to do something I love, work 4 days a week, being home every night to do my wife so that she keeps paying for my toys ... oh yea, and those 4 days are from mon-thurs ... leaves plenty of time to make money elsewhere ... You can keep your RJs, 4 day trips, and hotel living ...

Last edited:
N6069L said:
Pilots please take it easy on Kit. His info is better than nothing, and keeps you informed. With this extremely rapid changing industry it is difficult to keep up, especially when the airlines themselves provide incorrect information.

I have to disagree here. Wrong info is WORSE than nothing. The most correct information available is out there for those willing to find it. As someone mentioned earlier people are too quick to believe everything they hear without doing their own research.

As for taking it easy on Kit...that's a hard pill to swallow when he makes a ton of cash "keeping us informed". If you are going to claim to be some kind of industry expert but then can't get something as simple as a pay rate correct then you deserve all you get. Does he use the same math he used to come up with the $14,400 figure when he is spouting off about the number of jobs coming?

N6069L said:

I never said the company isn't decent, but that guy is in it for himself plain and simple. I have no love for that guy at all.

TheBigH said:
Nah my cars are paid off from when I had a real job ..... I actually chose to do this because I was miserable making six figures behind a desk ... I'm not the right guy to make fun of cuz of my salary Jack ... I've made 3 times what you make in a year and it's not all about the money ... that's where marrying a woman that can support you comes in handy ...

much love ... better luck next time ... I like getting my $25,000 to do something I love, work 4 days a week, being home every night to do my wife so that she keeps paying for my toys ... oh yea, and those 4 days are from mon-thurs ... leaves plenty of time to make money elsewhere ... You can keep your RJs, 4 day trips, and hotel living ...

Settle down big guy, wanting a pinto is not a bad thing.

You made over $300,000 a year and quit to work for free, that is the problem with this industry.

If the old lady has so much money why on your days off do you have to make money "elsewhere"?

Love,
Jack

Last edited:
N6069L said:

O dude, you need to be wacked in the head with a 2X4.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back