• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Pilots...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You Colganites keep up this anti-union crap, and ya'll will get stapled when the time comes.

And it will be the red stapler from Office Space that will get the job done.

A staple, no fences, no furlough protection.

Thanks for the awesome chest-thumping...this kind of BS is the reason we have problems talking to pilots that aren't familar with unions...

All you guys and gals out there that want your questions answered about "what will ALPA do for me?" To find out, either show up on one of the days in EWR, or feel free to PM me, and we can have a phone conversation...we need union protection before the furloughs, and all the teamsters will do for us is allow management to have a say in a seniority list merger. If we vote in ALPA, it all stays in house, and management stays out of the way.

and...as Doin time said, if we get teamsters, then merge, there will have to be another election and PNCL ALPA (1200) will obviously have the votes against CJC (480)...so how much effort do you think they will give?

and...as Doin time said, if we get teamsters, then merge, there will have to be another election and PNCL ALPA (1200) will obviously have the votes against CJC (480)...so how much effort do you think they will give?

Its actually very likely that there won't even be an election. To require an election the smaller carrier has to represent 1/3 of the total pilot group.

PCL - 1300
CJC - 480
Total = 1780

To require an election the teamsters would have to represent 587 of the total pilots (clearly, not the case now or into the foreseeable future). IMO, the teamsters would likely roll over and cut their losses at Colgan in the event of a merger.

Why anyone would reject democracy and self rule to be the subjects of management is beyond me...

Capitalism is not democracy.

Employment in the US via the free market system is not liberty.

The free market system and capitalism are good things, and its working well for the Chinese as well, however, what the chinese don't have is a voice.

What makes this country, the USA, great, is the ability for people to claim their rights, defend them and protect themselves.

Voting for union representation is not about "what is in it for me".... It is about being custodians of the profession.

Would you rather it be everyman for himself in this profession or the profession for every pilot....

Real Americans are custodians of democracy, self representation and self government.

Why anyone would reject democracy and self rule to be the subjects of management is beyond me...

Capitalism is not democracy.

Employment in the US via the free market system is not liberty.

The free market system and capitalism are good things, and its working well for the Chinese as well, however, what the chinese don't have is a voice.

What makes this country, the USA, great, is the ability for people to claim their rights, defend them and protect themselves.

Voting for union representation is not about "what is in it for me".... It is about being custodians of the profession.

Would you rather it be everyman for himself in this profession or the profession for every pilot....

Real Americans are custodians of democracy, self representation and self government.

A "Real American" votes whatever way he damn well pleases.

ALPA/ 401K revisited - read that fourm, If ALPA quit trying to buy there way into airlines maybe they wouldn't have to spend money and time trying to steal more of your money to pay for it. I guess they just do whatever they want.

I predict the bankruptcy and collapse of ALPA, within the next five years.

You Colganites keep up this anti-union crap, and ya'll will get stapled when the time comes.

And it will be the red stapler from Office Space that will get the job done.

A staple, no fences, no furlough protection.
this is a joke right?

I just want to say that not having ALPA has compelled CJC management to do almost nothing good for you guys over the last year.

It may take alittle time, because of the way management negotiates and because of the current administration, but eventually you WILL get a raise and big QOL improvements with an ALPA contract. It will far exceed the 2% fee. Not even to mention all of the other protections and behind the scenes stuff ALPA does. It is exactly what management does not want you to do, for a good reason. They don't want you to have a say in your future.

Also, as you look around this industry, many of you will be a CJC ALLOT longer than you thought.

A lot of us thought we were going to grind it out at CJC for a couple years, then move on...guilty as charged.

If we are stuck at this place we should work to make it better, and that starts by electing the right union for the task.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back