Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fred Rogers

Neighbor
Hey Guys, this is our chance to make our company a better place!!! If you have not voted yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???

The 5 year plan for Colgan Air includes 70 Q400's and 50 Saab 340's. Are we going to be the kind of airline that people want to work for in 5 years, or another bottom feeder that everyone is running away from.

It's time to step up and vote for representation, not just for us right now, but for those who will follow us, and for us in our next job.

It's time to think of the big picture folks.
Don't delay, Vote Today!
www.alpa.org/colgan

Yeah, get off the fence and vote.

If your ballot is at your folks house or some other address call in for a new one.
www.alpa.org/colgan

If you need more info call one of your FELLOW Pilots on the OC.

This opportunity to vote is not to be taken lightly.

This opportunity to vote is not to be taken lightly.

Right on SS -

One important thing to remember is that the NMB needs your request for a duplicate IN WRITING!!! You have to MAIL them a request for a duplicate. They have to receive it by 8/16/07, so DO IT NOW!!

do yourself a favor and find another job....its good to go and get time but other then that its not worth it..i was there for 7 yrs and nothing has changed..it was ok but im glad im gone

Ladies and Gentleman:

Don't get me wrong here, I'm all for ALPA and I urge you to vote yes but I have mixed emotions about the power of labor in our industry these days. You actually have the opportunity to do something right now without a union that you will no longer have the right to do once you are certified by the NMB. I'm talking old-school, coal miner, hard-a$$$$$$ labor power. You can get together, organize yourselves and shut the place down with a wildcat strike. In the current environment there is NO WAY that they can replace you. Somewhere along the way we lost the power because the Railway Labor Act has been perverted by an NMB that's in the collective pockets of management. Just look at ASA for an example of what you are up against........5 years and the NMB has not released them and it never will. Once you are certified and start negotiations the company has nothing to fear because you will NEVER get an agreement and the RLA prevents you from doing ANYTHING about it. The Railway Labor Act and the NMB have totally eliminated the only tool that we have......the strike threat. You will be in negotiations forever and the company will be laughing at you. The NMB has decided that it has a new role and that role is to protect the interests of the corporation from unions. The government has effectively neutralized labor power and will never allow a corporation to be hurt and the management teams know this full well. How much incentive do you think your company will have to negotiate an agreement with you?

Shut it down and you can get whatever you want within reason; then stay organized with a phone list and volunteers and shut it down every time they do something nasty to one of your people. Back in the early part of the century guys got shot and killed so we could have unions in this country. Now the government has put the company back 100% in the drivers seat and we don't even hear a whimper from the national unions about the injustice of the NMB and the RLA. We've grown soft and the companies are going to walk all over us.

Think about it.

Holy crap this stupid ALPA crap is not going to pass. Face it. You will see. We see the free food crap and the big giant overgrown junior pilots pushing the vote. I can't wait. It really isn't going to pass.

Ladies and Gentleman:

Don't get me wrong here, I'm all for ALPA and I urge you to vote yes but I have mixed emotions about the power of labor in our industry these days. You actually have the opportunity to do something right now without a union that you will no longer have the right to do once you are certified by the NMB. I'm talking old-school, coal miner, hard-a$$$$$$ labor power. You can get together, organize yourselves and shut the place down with a wildcat strike. In the current environment there is NO WAY that they can replace you. Somewhere along the way we lost the power because the Railway Labor Act has been perverted by an NMB that's in the collective pockets of management. Just look at ASA for an example of what you are up against........5 years and the NMB has not released them and it never will. Once you are certified and start negotiations the company has nothing to fear because you will NEVER get an agreement and the RLA prevents you from doing ANYTHING about it. The Railway Labor Act and the NMB have totally eliminated the only tool that we have......the strike threat. You will be in negotiations forever and the company will be laughing at you. The NMB has decided that it has a new role and that role is to protect the interests of the corporation from unions. The government has effectively neutralized labor power and will never allow a corporation to be hurt and the management teams know this full well. How much incentive do you think your company will have to negotiate an agreement with you?

Shut it down and you can get whatever you want within reason; then stay organized with a phone list and volunteers and shut it down every time they do something nasty to one of your people. Back in the early part of the century guys got shot and killed so we could have unions in this country. Now the government has put the company back 100% in the drivers seat and we don't even hear a whimper from the national unions about the injustice of the NMB and the RLA. We've grown soft and the companies are going to walk all over us.

Think about it.

thethe

Last edited:
Ladies and Gentleman:

Think about it.

Another way to look at it is to strengthen ALPA so that they have more influence. Why do you think all the national officers spend so much time on capitol hill these days. ALPA is the only thing we have on our side. Trying to shut it down on our own will never work. 2 people will do it and get fired.

Latest resources

Back