• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Pilot Group..........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Having been on both sides, you'll replace a pilot faster than you'll replace a dispatcher. Not many guys beating down the doors to be a dispatcher, opposed to a pilot.

Now, if there are no dispatchers, there are no flights.

wow, you're so right! we should have a national holiday for them, or dispatcher history month! a skilled aviator could never operate a flight from a to b without a dispatcher. all of their firsthand knowledge of wx systems and aircraft performance is amazing. i, personally just couldnt do it.

I'd have to agree with OnTheRocks about having an ADX. Especially the ones that work in the regional airline industry that have little or no practical aviation experience.

"Not many guys beating down the doors to be a dispatcher, opposed to a pilot." I think that the person that had written this shold re-examine the question why no one is beating down the door to be a dispatcher anymore than people are beating it down for a crew scheduling job. ADX's are in my opinion a pain in the A** layer of nonsense that I had to deal with as a Captain. Was I typically cordial with them most of the time? Yes...Some, I was 100% the opposite and my actions and attitude were justified.
Here is the bottom-line...Who does the dispatcher work for? If they answer anyone, but the flight crew...Well, it's time to pack up your cooler, iPOD and go back to Wa-Mart or some other job that doesn't require an understanding of the chain-of-command. A dispatcher is trained to prepare a release, perform flight following duties and has limited authority to declare an emergency or communicate with the FAA. They do not have the real-world weather analysis and interpolation skills that an experienced aviator does. They know how to READ the manuals, and are motivated to "push-tin" and in my experience with a goo number of the ADXs I worked with very little ability to understand aircraft systems beyond what an MEL reads. After a certain point like many of my fellow pilots OSC was called only when it was unavoidable to do so, same with irregularity reports...What is the point of filing all that crap if it falls on deaf ears, if only to CYA...Sorry, I am just a little jaded by the likes of D.R. and J.V. at CJC...Pair of A**Clowns personified.

Latest resources

Back