Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

V1cutsrfun

Gomerski'
It appears that the CPG ship is adrift....with nobody at the helm..... why won't the company put out a memo asking for volunteers....they dont want to admit that CPG is a FAILURE!!

I know....

Apparently with still high turn over... FO's still willing to leave and make a lateral transfer in pursuit of better QOL /better treatment, and nobody willing to step forward to dare I say "help"

A sCrew Scheduling Dept... is pathetic

Dispatch has Multiple Personality Disorder....

Any small wonder why nobody cares any more... Moral is sinking.... picking up powdered soap in a prison shower would be more enjoyable.....

V1

Friggin complainers shut up and be thankful you have a job. We all have to get comfortable for the next 5 years or so.

Yeah, kinda makes you wish you had voted in a union doesn't it. Don't worry, it sounds as if you all will be shortly. Also, having worked at Colgan for a year, I can tell you that it is not a lateral move going to a real regional airline. It was a huge step up going to ASA. Not only pay and QOL, but every aspect from training to scheduling, and dispatch were vastly superior to Colgan. Do yourself a favor and get out if you can. Disclaimer: Taking a step up implies moving to ASA, Comair, Republic, or Skywest. Going to Mesa, Gojets/TSA is not a step up.

Lets talk real issue's here, CL Promised everyone of us who went to the Q from various other rides we would have schedules we could commute to and all line's would have overnight's. CL Just posted yet another outstation opening as of June 1st for the Q. May has 5 overnight line's and 3 standup line's. The overnight line's are in no way shape or form commutible and with 11, 12 and 13 days off. 5 on 2 off all month. The out and backs are also a commuters nightmare 5am show first day 2300 finish the last day. 15-16 days off a month. Who is winning the battle here, i can assure all of you it is not the pilot's. CL Continue's to bend us over and stick it where the sun does'nt shine, Until we as a pilot group take a stand it will continue to get worse. I am getting very tired of being a slave to this company, and being treated like crap under schedulings feet has to stop, QOL Has to change. Many of us are on the verge of leaving this glamorous turbo prop job for something with a better QOL, I hear McDonalds is hiring store managers.
Let the CPG Chew on that for a while.

5am show first day 2300 finish the last day.

dont get too excited about this one, its not a colgan thing. thats just the way EWR is with all the O/D traffic. Ask an XJT pilot to show you one of our bid packets, we have plenty of 0530 shows and 2330 finishes, 4 days at a time with 12 off. Dont expect much improvement away from those start/finish times as long as you are in EWR.

Agree...EWR has lot's of O/D traffic. Lot's of 5:30am shows and 10pm finishes. That's just the way the CAL schedule at EWR is.

Hate to break it to you but unless you go somewhere that is in control of it's flying and not taking a handout from another airline, it's not a step up. At least Colgan has it's own flying in the EAS stuff, something that the four you mention does not have.
Trust me when I tell you that any other airline gig out there, with at least three or four exceptions, is a step up over Colgan. ASA, Comair, Republic, and Skywest may not own their flying, but they have long term contracts that protect them for many years to come. Besides, all it would take is one more crash at Colgan due to maint. and the whole airline would be toast. Back on point, the quality of life improvements at other airlines are light years ahead of anything Colgan has.

Agree...EWR has lot's of O/D traffic. Lot's of 5:30am shows and 10pm finishes. That's just the way the CAL schedule at EWR is.

The amount of O/D traffic has no relevance to the construction of the pairings. It affects the flight schedule for the airline, but not the pairing construction for the pilots. If the pairing generator was programmed to reduce these early shows and late finishes, then the software could easily handle it, despite the flight schedule's focus on O/D traffic.

Latest resources

Back