Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
life at colgan

to put a spin on it, in the spirit of O'Reilly, let me say that:

tittyjet was a little harsh. no offense meant but actually the chief and chief asst are the messengers, not the policy makers.

aside from being a family owned and managed business, one has to see that any owner will take care of their own, sure it offends but they own the company, so you can stay or leave.

i , like many others were furloughed and needed a job , they gave me one. for that i'm thankful. when you're flying a computer at 2:00 in the afternoon and a six pack instead of an arrival, it sucks.

if you understand the culture at colgan, you can do your time and be gone . they know that, so why try to change your mind.

to get back on topic, in the early nineties , the same or similar conditions existed and two things happened:

PFT and an exodus from a career field with a bleak outlook.
same thing is happening now. Without PFT , there is LESS COMPETITION FOR JOBS, and its the only logical reason ,in my view , that could cause someone to hate a PFT'er. Don't try to confuse with professionalism and its a bad resume thing or any of that crap. It's a job thing. and we know money talks, right.

I said this is a no spin zone. So colgan is doing what they have to to suceed in a down market.

plain and simple. money talks, BS sits on the curb.

me, I'm looking like everyone else, who wouldn't be, but in the end the enemy isn't colgan or PFT,

it is this FRICKIN CYCLICAL BUSINESS WE'RE IN, AND right now we are at rock bottom. It can only better.

I was just in Manassas yesterday, Those guys for the SAAB may be out of luck for awhile. The SAAB that got hit in LGA last week will be down for 6 months. I guess that wing got really messed up.

FlightTraker said:
I was just in Manassas yesterday, Those guys for the SAAB may be out of luck for awhile. The SAAB that got hit in LGA last week will be down for 6 months. I guess that wing got really messed up.

This is a good chance to see how Colgan behaves once they get cash from a pilot. Furlough? Return the money? Promise a class date in 6 months?

"The SAAB that got hit in LGA last week will be down for 6 months. I guess that wing got really messed up."

Chalk another one up to the Allegheny rampers. They've got one he11 of a record wrecking airplanes.

The Saab getting hit should have no effect on the 8 Saab PFTers. They have completed INDOC, and are on their way to the sim.

The cause of the incident was a Falcon in a hurry to get to Paris that failed to follow a hold short clearance. This time, the ALG ground crew aren't to blame.

Is it the Saab thats sitting infront of the old TWA hangar? If thats the one I was told it was clipped by a bag cart. But hey you know how info gets skewed around in this bizz.

I had the privliged oppertunity last week to see a LGA tug driver hit the stairs comming off a jetway. He hit them hard enough to turn the stairs about 45 degrees so that there was about a 1 to 1.5 foot gap between them and the jetway end. The end of the jetway was about 15-20 feet off the ground. He just kept driving. The not so funny thing is that there were people walking down the jetway at the time, lucky nobody had made it to the stairs. To top it off instead of sending the pax back inside to board from the another gate or by using the terminal elevator or stairs, she wanted the pax to "just hop over the gap" and walk down the stairs that had been hit by the tug.

I'm not sure where it is parked. Here's the FAA narative. The wing was damaged well beyond repair and will need a new one.

IDENTIFICATION
Regis#: 664B Make/Model: FA50 Description: FALCON 50, MYSTÈRE 50
Date: 05/22/2003 Time: 0210

Event Type: Accident Highest Injury: Minor Mid Air: Y Missing: N
Damage: Unknown

DESCRIPTION
US AIR, N664B, FALCON50 ACFT, ON TAXIING RUNWAY 13, COLLIDED WITH COLGAN AIR FLIGHT 5056, AN SF34, ON TAXIWAY BRAVO BRAVO AND ALFA ALFA, BOTH WERE
TAXIING FOR DEPARTURE, ONE REPORTED INJURY TO A FLIGHT ATTENDANT, N664B SUSTAINED LEFT WINDSHIELD DAMAGE AND COLGAN ACFT SUSTAINED LEFT WING DAMAGE, LAGUARDIA, NY

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 0
# Crew: 0 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 1 Unk: Y
# Pass: 0 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk: Y
# Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

WEATHER: KLGA 220251Z 03006KT 10SM OVC018 15/12 A3018

OTHER DATA
Activity: Business Phase: Taxi Operation: Air Carrier

Departed: LAGUARDIA, NY Dep Date: Dep. Time:
Destination: PARIS, FRANCE Flt Plan: IFR Wx Briefing: U
Last Radio Cont: UNK
Last Clearance: UNK

FAA FSDO: GARDEN CITY, NY (EA15) Entry date: 05/22/2003

I hope they are both still employed. I've been asking that question and no one I've talked to has an answer.

I did hear that the ATC tapes clearly show that the Falcon was at fault. If you know LGA and the AA, BB, and CC taxiways, you know that ground will sequence from all 3, and the Falcon failed to follow proper sequence. The one injury was our flight attendant and he was taken to the hospital and released.

Latest resources

Back