Colgan parking airplanes and voluntary furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Curious...

Does Colgan own/lease the Q's, or are they owned/leased by CO and operated by Colgan?

Leased from Pinnacle Airlines, Corp.

The ones that didn't bother to vote or voted no.

And please don't bother telling me how great Colgan was and that ALPA is evil.

Sorry about the furloughs (really), a single list might have helped you there.

Turbo

So that's it? 1 vote and you become a pariah? How do you know another vote won't happen, with different results? Are you blessed with some sort of clairvoyance that noone else has?

I'm not sure why I'm even in this thread since I really don't have a dog in the fight, but I'm sick of seeing good guys smeared as a group for the actions of a few, particularly by other bottom feeders (yes, if you are at a regional, you are a bottom feeder, myself included).
To believe your airline has no short sighted, selfish guys manning it's cockpits as well is in itself short sighted. There are guys at every airline who will pick up open time while others are on furlough, etc.

I'm still trying to see how Colgan guys as a whole are any different from anywhere else.

Perhaps instead of coming on here bashing an entire pilot group for the words of a few young punks who are only in the position they are in due to economic realities instead of skill, experience and maturity a phone call to the jumpseat coordinator should be made so that the individual can be "educated" on jumpseat etiquette, as well as how not to be an arse in general.

And yes, furloughs suck, for everyone.

ALPA and the Teamsters = oil and water. The most recent 10K filing shows Pinnacle Airlines making a 11%+ profit while Colgan is in the red. Sounds like Colgan pilots need to be making friends not isolating them selves.

I can't imagine that SAAB F/O was speaking for the majority of the pilot group. I can say with certainty that almost all the 1900 pilots on the property this time last year (including myself) voted, YES!
There had been a rather uneasy relationship between some 1900 pilots and SAAB pilots, especially F/Os with less than a year at the company after the failed union vote. The so-called "CPG" movement was developed by mid-seniority SAAB pilots that were drunk on conpany koolaid, and all involved have seen comet-like promotions. We all predicted this, if the union vote failed. Classic anti-union tactics, and the individuals involved are of course shameless in performing their duties.
What has been lost on a vast majority of people is a sense of selflessness. "I got mine" seems to be the order of the day, along with an equally myopic view of their own career path. It takes a lot of fortitude to do what the folks in the Colgan ALPA Organizing Committe tried to accomplish for ALL the pilots at Colgan Air. Hopefully, some other individuals are going to be willing to stand-up and be counted in the next union vote. Given the fluid and chaotic nature of the airline industry, an equally measured and resolute response is required from the pilot group to protect their careers, profession and it's future.

Regards,

Former CJC pilot 04'-08'

Hi Zasca,
I left 01 Feb 08, and took a job with a real estate/auctioneering firm flying an F-90 for them. My wife had been ill, and passed away in January, so I had to leave in order to better care for my daughter, who is only 5. It's been a tough past year or so, and even more the past 6 months. We are doing alright, but I really miss all the people at CJC. Sure, we did ourself a lot of B****ing amongst ourselves, but I made alot of great freinds at the airline. I don't miss LGA so much though!

Best wishes,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Leased from Pinnacle Airlines, Corp.

Who generates the bulk of the revenue for PCL Corp?

but I'm sick of seeing good guys smeared as a group for the actions of a few,

The real world no doubt. Professionals don't need to be policed. With professional representation you give everyone an opportunity to belong to egalitarian group. This enables the opportunity to reel in the loud mouths.

Sure there are vocal minorities even in ALPA groups... but it is diminished. And if Colgan was ALPA, a call to the Colgan MEC chairman for clarification would be the end all...

But, but, but, ALPA won the arbitrator's award. There's supposed to be a single list.

Democracy takes time.... while totalitarianism is much quicker... which do you prefer?

The so-called "CPG" movement was developed by mid-seniority SAAB pilots that were drunk on conpany koolaid, and all involved have seen comet-like promotions. We all predicted this, if the union vote failed. Classic anti-union tactics, and the individuals involved are of course shameless in performing their duties.

Disgusting.... corporate sell outs... and for what? Ego? Maybe some extra money.... all for ones character and soul....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back