Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BRA

Rollins Rules!
I interviewed with colgan air this week, and aca today. Found out today that i got the colgan one, offered a class for next week. I know i did well on the ACA interview today and thats the one i want. What do i tell colgan??? I don't want to lie.

Tell Them

I would tell them you have some personal issues you have to work out and try to buy yourself some time. Utilize your answering machine and cell's voice mail as screening tools. If Colgan demands a yes or no, then I would try contacting one of the folks at ACA and telling them whats going on and ask them if they want you to wait for their answer....they might give you a hint.

Now being a former Blue Ridger, I would take ACA in a heart beat over Colgan. But didn't I see ACA is running a hiring pool? How long would it take to get out of the swim? All things you will have to debate

If they demand an answer, well consider the number of pilots on the street and dwindling jobs, I would feel bad if I advised you to "pine away" for ACA.

At least you have a choice. I am soon to leave professional flying til callback.

Humble

Bra-

Take the sure thing and don't turn down the Colgan class. Go to class and start training.

Wish I had a dollar for every pilot that got turned down after they felt that the interview went well. There is no guarantee that you passed the ACA interview. Until you get the call or letter, you'd be better off in training at Colgan. Besides, I believe that you wouldn't get a class date until Sept. or October if ACA hired you. A lot can happen in that time frame.

Just my thoughts.

sayagain?

What were your total times to get the call at Colgan?
Good luck on your decision, they both sound like good opportunities.

I would go ahead and take the Colagan job. Then when ACA calls you could jump over to them.

Terry

Bra-

I agree 100% with C141FE. Just do it!

Be careful, Colgan will have you sign a training contract within the first week. If you bail for ACA, you'll have a hard time. The Colgan/ACA community is tightknit. Someone at Colgan is bound to ruin your chances at ACA if you bail during training. Be honest and upfront.

We've had a few people start training and then jump over to ACA in the first month or so.

You WILL sign a training contract the first day of ground school.

You have a tough decision to make. Keep in mind, If you take the Coglan job and then jump ship a few weeks in, you just screwed a fellow pilot out of the slot you took.

I have not considered starting with colgan and then jumping ship. I just couldn't do that, it's not me. and it is a very small world out there, especially in aviation. I had 1500/500 when i sent a resume. They said it's luck and timing to get a call. So keep sending them. you need 1500/200 i think. lower time gulfstream pilots have a chance too. they said cover letters just get thrown out, so don't bother with them. They have a bad rep it seems, but i was very impressed with them on my interview.

They have a bad rep it seems, but i was very impressed with them on my interview.

They have a bad rep because frankly, they deserved it in years past. Things went on that shouldn't go on in a 121 airline.

Many things have changed over the past year or so and we're a decent place to work now. We're getting excellent schedules and good lines. We're not just flying the cape cod runs and into Maine anymore. The day of relying on EAS for survival is over.
We're doing runs like BOS-ALB-ISP, ALB-LGA and SYR-BOS. We are up to 6 1900 Ds from 1, 3 months ago.

Good luck with your decision.

Latest resources

Back