Colgan new hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
chperplt said:
How do you do that? You do that by flying those airplanes, right? That's the attitude that causes people to die.

Do you know why or how they died?
Dude, I never said to blindly go and do everything you're told to do, I was refering more to the schedules, etc. As far as the accident I've read just about everything that's on the web about it and it really does suck what happened. But if you also read all the other accident reports on the 1900's history you'll find a bunch of trim related problems, mainly the fault of Beech's improper inspections or manuals.

I've been in the situation before of flying questionable airplanes and the only thing you can do is make that final decision to fly it or not to fly it, hopefully you have enough knowledge and like you said "balls" to stand up for your decisions, I don't know how many of you have flown 135 cargo but that is the norm in that sort of operation. I did it for a month and lost an engine and the electrical system twice in the same airplane, I'm not the type to get spooked by that kind of stuff but as you can see I'm not flying there any more ...

It will be interesting to see what comes out in the final report, don't forget though that when it comes to accidents, EVERY party tries to find the other party(ies) at fault. I can't remember any accident where any party involved came out with a big sign saying "MY FAULT" Hopefully the true cause will be uncovered...

TheBigH,

Congrats on the job.... I surely would not let these posts get to you nor would I allow them to make you not accept the offer. If this airline was unsafe the FAA would have shut them down long ago, the bottom line is some may hold a grudge against Colgan for one reason or another. I have never been a Colgan employee but I have met a few captains there and I can tell you that they had very few if any complaints. You will be obtaining 121 time, getting good experience, etc, so I think it is a no brainer and would surely accept if I were you.

Take things for what they are worth, nothing more and nothing less...

3 5 0

Thanks 350 ! I'm definetly accepting the offer, well whenever it gets here anyway. I think they're having trouble finding classes for everyone.

TheBigH said:
Thanks 350 ! I'm definetly accepting the offer, well whenever it gets here anyway. I think they're having trouble finding classes for everyone.
That is most likely the smart move........

good luck to you and keep your chin up-

3 5 0

I know you guys have been bantering good companies and bad companies around and especially in this thread, the subject of badly operated maint departments...have any of you heard about a rumor that NWA took away maint of the CRJ's from Pinnacle because they didn't like what they were paying for over there?

A coworker told me his in-law is big over NWA management and that's what he told me...I never heard anything about it before.

Latest resources

Back