Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TheBigH

FA love u long time ...
I got a phone job offer from Colgan (yes I've read all the posts on the airline but still beats flying scarehawks) a couple of weeks ago and still haven't received anything in the mail and no mention of a class date. Anyone else experienced this ?

Hey good job with Colgan! Could you take the time to PM about the interview! I have been tracking it for awhile now on Aviaitoninterviews.com but wanted to compare your experience. I would greatly appreciate it since I am applying to them in a few months.

Once again good job and hope to fly with you in the future

~J

I've read all the posts on the airline but still beats flying scarehawks)

Dude,

Be careful and when your gut tells you that you shouldn't be in the airplane, please have the "balls" to say no.

Good luck

Yea that's what I gather from everything I've read. I can tell you I'll be checking the hell out of that pitch trim before takeoff ! I think the company is trying to improve QOL so hopefully things will get better. But yea thanks for the advice dude.

I've also heard that Colgan watches the bulletin boards and tries to identify anyone posting negative information from within their ranks. Good luck, but check you six once in a while!

I've also heard that Colgan watches the bulletin boards and tries to identify anyone posting negative information from within their ranks.
I don't think so.. The only two web sites they have bookmarked are the great country buffet and pizza hut.

I wouldn't worry about them. With the final accident report coming out on the 28th, and the lawsuit that was just filed, they have more important things to worry about.

That's cool. Everyone I've met so far at the company has been very nice and I'm quite grateful they offered me the job and can't wait to start flying. The only problem is I'm dying to start flying, going nuts sitting at home all day...

The fact of the matter is 90% of pilots complain about their jobs and everythng has to be taken in perspective. There's a good reason pilots are willing to work under certain circumstances and that's because we love to fly, period. It's a rough business but if you really love what you do you will find a way to make the best of the situation.

chperplt said:
With the final accident report coming out on the 28th, and the lawsuit that was just filed, they have more important things to worry about.
who's filing the lawsuit ?

Maybe they hate flying, but love complaining.

Kind of like the vegatarian that could care less about animals, but hates plants.

but if you really love what you do you will find a way to make the best of the situation.
You go work for company X. Company X continually gives you airplanes that are unairworthy. Because you love what you do, you'll find a way to make the best of the situation. How do you do that? You do that by flying those airplanes, right? That's the attitude that causes people to die.

The lawsuit was filed by the families of the two crewmembers who were killed last August. Do you know why or how they died? If the answer is no, you might want to do some more research on the company you're about to go work for. It may just save your life.

Latest resources

Back