• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan New Hire - WTFO!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nicely done! I got on with my company at 22, and there are days when I feel like the dirty old man. It's arguable that I could have handled an airliner at 19, but I know I wasn't ready for an airline job at that age. I had no college degree, and life had yet to really start kicking my ass. Some teenage new hires really can handle it. Some can't. I've met both, and have been respectively impressed and horrified. You should keep an eye on any F/O with that kind of time (myself included), but at some point it's time to back off and check the ego.

Now that I think about it, what's the plan for these teenage wonders who step into a regional with no college degree? I hate to see guys get off to a quick start only to wind up stuck in the same regional forever, or stop flying in order to go back to school. That's a good recipe for a 25-year-old burnout...

Works for colgan Mngt. another guy not gonna sign the alpa card, thats like every new hire. Uncle Mikey and Phil have the Special Kool Aid stand outside the Store front traing center?

Last edited:
Well, if you go to college after highschool, you'll probably graduate by 21-23 years old. I won't be job hunting till next spring (when I graduate)...hoping to interview and get a class date for sometime in the summer of 2008.

Oh...In before YIP goes off on his "you don't need a college degree" shtick...

Last edited:
Did someone walk in your application/ resume? yes

What pilot walked this guys resume in? I think I know who should be paired up with this new hire first.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back