• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan New Hire - WTFO!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know a guy who got hired with his private commercial multi check instrument ticket......

WHO CARES......

If that were you at such low time you would be so HAPPY!

Just be happy for the dude.... Now it is back to single pilot IFR again!

High horse? ...what would you say if someone gave you a job when you had 300 hours? I know I'd be a happy camper.

The problem is with the industry, not with this guy. I wish him best of luck.

I wish the passengers best of luck when this guy tries to land it in a nasty Xwind! If pax only knew! Good luck to him tho!

Oops!

No its 18 for a valid commercial ticket, but I do know that the ATP written is good forever as long as your employed by a 121 or 135 carrier.

Last edited:
I was in new hire class at my company with a 19 year old new hire, he had an excellent attitude and personality. I would much rather work with him than many others!!

Know a 19 year old with a class date at Colgan. At least he instructed for 3 months... Ironically, this summer 2 other guys with well over a grand a piece and 90 multi, internal recs, etc, didn't get the job. I believe one didn't show up with a tie on! so sad...

Every Captain will also recieve check airman pay automatically for teaching this kid how to fly. Ha Ha[/quote

Almost every 121 company operating manual I have ever seen has as one of the Capt. responsibilities:

"To guide and foster the professional progression of every first officer with whom he/she flys with."

Latest resources

Back