Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan - Mesaba Letter

Easy solution for me. Someone takes my senority number I will kill them. And on and on.... Until I rule!!! Survial is byotch don't be on the wrong side of me!! hehehehe

Who cares, I am outtti in like 6 months.

George: You don't seem to understand how this works. A combined seniority list could not happen unless both pilot group want that to happen. Unlike US Airwarys/America West the operations are not being technically merged. A combined seniority list would only happen if both groups thought that by doing so would result in a better situation. By the tone of your comment you seem to believe that ALPA can force this upon you. That is not true in this case.

The decision to join ALPA is unrelated to any issues of seniority integration. Do so to protect yourself.

Pinnacle pilots do not want your job, your flying or anything else. What some of us do understand, clearly, is that by combining, we are much, much stronger and our bargaining power increases by a power of 2.

ALPA might not be able to force this on us, but as a result of Colgan becoming an ALPA member, managment might decide that it would be better off to combine the companies. This is probably what they would do. Just listen to Mike Colgan's letters. Read between the lines, we will become one company. Then they will merge, and pinnacle will be on top.

I am in favor of Alpa At Colgan for protection against the pinnicle pilot group as much as the management.

What has not been said about a merged seniority list is that if Pinnicle airlines looses its contract and its flying all the Colgan people would be bounced right out of a job and the Pinniale pilots would then want the Saab or the Q400 then.

What do you think more likely. Colgan loseing flying or Pinnicle. The profitibility and growth of turboprops is undisputable. Pinnicle on the other hand could lose its contact to any number of companies competing in the rj market putting all there pilots on the street.

We at Colgan do not want to lose our job security and will fight an intigration of the pilots list at all costs.

You need to fight your own contract battles with management just like we do.

If there is any merger of the seniority lists it is the Colgan Pilots who get screwed. They have almost four times the amount of pilots then we do. Thre possible scenarios:
1) Staple us to the bottom
2) By hire date--which would screw us becasue people have been at Pinnacle longer then they have been at Colgan
4) Ratio--This means that Jeb would be number five, and alot of Captains would be FO's on the CRJ

Whatever way you look at it we get screwed

Need to qoute "Doin Time" on this one...

Something to think about when you are pondering what your intentions are with ALPA is that when two ALPA groups merge it is done via the Allegheny-Mohawk labor protection provisions. Put simply that means date of hire seniority integration with dissimilar equipment fences put up for a negotiated duration.

This is the likley scenario...

V1

ALPA might not be able to force this on us, but as a result of Colgan becoming an ALPA member, managment might decide that it would be better off to combine the companies. This is probably what they would do. Just listen to Mike Colgan's letters. Read between the lines, we will become one company. Then they will merge, and pinnacle will be on top.

I don't know why this is such a SHOCK to everyone. Sooner or later they will decide that it could operate more efficiently as one company. It would probably look like a Chishuttipublic or a Mesa/Freedom/whoever else is under that thing.

Let's look at this realistically. If we don't have a union and THEY (read we have no say) decide to merge senority lists. What on God's green earth do you think would happen. I prefer the Swingline, it doesn't jam as much as the boston.

If we have alpa at the VERY LEAST we have a voice. I don't think that the PCL guys are licking their chops to go fly a turboprop, or mess with our senority. I'm completely confident that there would be good fences in place, and it would work out good for everyone.

The Godfather said it best. It's time to wake the ___ up.

www.alpa.org/colgan

If there is any merger of the seniority lists it is the Colgan Pilots who get screwed. They have almost four times the amount of pilots then we do. Thre possible scenarios:
1) Staple us to the bottom
2) By hire date--which would screw us becasue people have been at Pinnacle longer then they have been at Colgan
4) Ratio--This means that Jeb would be number five, and alot of Captains would be FO's on the CRJ

Whatever way you look at it we get screwed

None of these options would even be considered (if a merger ever took place, and that's a big if). If there was a merger at some point, fences would be created to protect job security and career advancement for pilots in both groups. All of this would be worked out between the merger committees at both airlines (per ALPA merger policy). Get educated.

Latest resources

Back
Top Bottom