• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Loses a Former Captain

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a former Colgan FO 4-01 to 10-01, Hyannis/Portland before furlough. I say Gods Speed! It is fabulous to see such support for a former co-worker. May we all leave as positive a mark on those we touch!!!!!!!

To the family left behind my deepest condolences.

I had the privilege of being a roommate of Ben's in college. He is a shining example of the effect of Christ in a person's life. He had a zeal for life and a love for his family and others that has been already spoken of. Words cannot completely describe the impact Ben has had on those of us who had the honor of knowing him.

We'll miss you Ben. See you someday.

Amish RakeFight said:
anyone have more details on the crash like what might have gone wrong?

My Condolences to his family.

NTSB Releases Preliminary Report On Plane Crash
By Melissa Martin / WSLS NewsChannel 10
Mar 1, 2006

Investigators have new information about what happened right before a Cessna plane crashed on I-81, killing the only man on board.
Police say 30 year old Benjamin Hickin hit a power line last Thursday night and crashed on the side of Interstate 81 in Augusta county.
Today, the NTSB released its preliminary report. It confirms all of that information, and adds that Hickin was talking on "a cell phone, to a friend driving a tractor trailer northbound on interstate 81." The driver "was also a part owner" of the airplane.
State police tell us Hickin and the driver were trying to find each other and were talking on the phone when he hit the power line.

Bryan D said:
NTSB Releases Preliminary Report On Plane Crash

It confirms all of that information, and adds that ****** was talking on a cell phone, to a friend driving a tractor trailer northbound on interstate 81. The driver "was also a part owner" of the airplane.
State police tell us ****** and the driver were trying to find each other and were talking on the phone when he hit the power line.

I don't know what to say, so sorry for his family.

Latest resources

Back