• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Line Awards For Sept

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
judging by your total time your an fo so im not sure why you even care...anyway i was hired there as a captain a year ago and havent seen a weekend off since so im not sure what your talking about

Sorry I haven’t updated my profile in awhile….see you’re an ERJ FO? Not saying that I don’t like the street captains at all. But when one guy works for a company for almost 4yrs compared to a guy that just got hired 4months ago than I think you have to have a little bit of common sense and say hey this isn’t right.

You're ranting.

1. Are you in the same base/seat as these street captains? If not, there is no grounds for complaint. Bid their base/equip/seat and then whine if someone junior to you got a better schedule.

2. Did you get off your ass and upgrade when you had the chance? If not, we're not interested in moaning. Being younger then 23, or having less than 1500 tt doesnt engender sympathy. (BTDT)

3. Are you seat locked, and thus prevented from exerting your senority over these Q captains? If so this is perhaps you're only legitimate cause for complaint. Also an excellent reminder why you need a contract, whether or not a handful of ALPA reps are dooshes (5% rule). A contract would ensure pay protection, and thus no permanent seatlocked purgatory.

They were aditional lines built for the Q400 which were not open to bid, then awarded to the 4 most junior CA's in ewr... they just happend to have weekends off, days off and good pay credits.

These lines would have been taken by those who got awarded the weekend line with all stand up overnights, no credits, and 11 days of... or at least that last described line should have gone to one of them. etc.

Something a contract would fix

you have to give colgan credit for working hard- it's hard to make all 40+ lines in ewr chitty. Even pinnacle's top pilots have 16+ days off. And the most we get is one line with 15.

Latest resources

Back