Colgan Line Awards For Sept

rightseatjocky

GO PADRES
Total Time
They get weekends off?

fwrdobservr82

Total Time
judging by your total time your an fo so im not sure why you even care...anyway i was hired there as a captain a year ago and havent seen a weekend off since so im not sure what your talking about

fly_lanai

Total Time
Would you be happier having 7 days a week off! Be happy you're still employed!

Last edited:

cloudkicker1981

Total Time
Get Some

Sorry it’s “Captain” to clarify, I can see how confused you must have gotten! The lines are the ones in EWR on the Q. I wouldn’t go as far as saying “I should be happy to have a job”? A year ago Colgan still had a little bit of respect for their employees and I was all about trying to keep it in house but this last year has seen a 180! Bring on a union, not totally for ALPA, but definitely need something.
The ALPA thing has given a few people HERE a bit of a bad taste in our mouths for a couple of reasons. One some of the people, not all, of the ALPA organizers are a$$clowns. To be informing is one thing but shoving it down your face every time you see that person puts you on the defensive. I give you credit for being a part of it and trying to help but sometimes these people are doing more harm than good.

cloudkicker1981

Total Time
judging by your total time your an fo so im not sure why you even care...anyway i was hired there as a captain a year ago and havent seen a weekend off since so im not sure what your talking about
Sorry I haven’t updated my profile in awhile….see you’re an ERJ FO? Not saying that I don’t like the street captains at all. But when one guy works for a company for almost 4yrs compared to a guy that just got hired 4months ago than I think you have to have a little bit of common sense and say hey this isn’t right.

Cardinal

Of The Kremlin
Total Time
K's
You're ranting.

1. Are you in the same base/seat as these street captains? If not, there is no grounds for complaint. Bid their base/equip/seat and then whine if someone junior to you got a better schedule.

2. Did you get off your ass and upgrade when you had the chance? If not, we're not interested in moaning. Being younger then 23, or having less than 1500 tt doesnt engender sympathy. (BTDT)

3. Are you seat locked, and thus prevented from exerting your senority over these Q captains? If so this is perhaps you're only legitimate cause for complaint. Also an excellent reminder why you need a contract, whether or not a handful of ALPA reps are dooshes (5% rule). A contract would ensure pay protection, and thus no permanent seatlocked purgatory.

Striptyler

Odly OUtdated
Total Time
2.1ton
They were aditional lines built for the Q400 which were not open to bid, then awarded to the 4 most junior CA's in ewr... they just happend to have weekends off, days off and good pay credits.

These lines would have been taken by those who got awarded the weekend line with all stand up overnights, no credits, and 11 days of... or at least that last described line should have gone to one of them. etc.

Something a contract would fix

GEORGE DUBYA

Total Time
That is what I heard. Keeping all the Saabs too. United flying coming our way big time

akseiner

Total Time
you have to give colgan credit for working hard- it's hard to make all 40+ lines in ewr chitty. Even pinnacle's top pilots have 16+ days off. And the most we get is one line with 15.