Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TNHillbilly

King of the South
Am I really the first one to post this??? Can anyone confirm that during the conference call today they said LGA would be a base??? The start of hub basing??? Or just to do the new Harrisburg service??

HIA offers direct service to New York City

Posted by [URL="http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnews/about.html"]Dan Miller/The Patriot-News[/URL] July 12, 2007 10:55AM

Categories: Breaking News, Business, Government, Midstate
A US Airways subsidiary will begin daily nonstop flights from Harrisburg International Airport to New York City on Sept. 5, airline officials said this morning.
Colgan Air, a franchise of US Airways Express, will offer three flights daily Monday through Friday to LaGuardia Airport. One flight will be offered each Saturday and two flights on Sundays.

The base fare will range from $99 to $169 each way based on a round trip ticket, said Tom Reich, Colgan Air's scheduling manager. Flight times will run from 75 to 80 minutes.
The base fare does not include taxes and fees, Reich said.
Colgan will provide the service on a 34-passenger Saab-340 turboprop aircraft. Reich said the Saab-340 is the largest aircraft available to Colgan for the service. The company would consider expanding the Harrisburg to New York City service by adding more flights if the service is profitable, he said.
HIA officials said the expansion is seen as mostly benefiting business travelers. Reich said LaGuardia does provide connecting flights to midwest destinations east of the Mississippi and to tourist attractions in the northeast such as Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard.
HIA Director Tim Edwards said Harrisburg has not had direct service to New York City since 2003. US Airways discontinued the service when the airline was in bankruptcy proceedings, he said.
Harrisburg to New York City tickets are available at www.usairways.com.

I know PDT is struggling with airplanes/staffing, but wouldn't it make more sense for them to do it since they happen to have a MDT crew base, and put those colgan planes elsewhere?

Well unfortunately we probably do it cheaper..I don't think US Airways pays anything for our seats..if the plane flys empty colgan makes jack. Other guys probably know more about it than I do...alls I know is we needs a union!!!!!

VOTE YES!!!

yeah, we are not fee for departure for airways. We get a cut of the ticket sales or something like that. We eat the cost if it sucks just like airways. So let me see, we need another saab to do this and crews. No shortage of ppl that live in the NYC area, but we are still short all the way around. So much for having a spare plane unless they can pull one out of the sticks somewhere....

Oh I thought it would be ALPA who brought hub basing to us? You mean to tell me that this is a decision that the company makes? I thought that they consulted with us about this kind of thing. Isn't that why we don't need some kind of third party talking to the company for us?

VOTE YES PEOPLE!!!!!

www.alpa.org/colgan

its not hub basing you bunch of embry riddle retarards! OH and by the way we won't get ALPA they suck and US Airways is getting rid of them so take your IPOD headphones out junior and wake up

Dont need another saab, HYA closes on Sept 4- this starts Sept 5. They just need to keep one out of maintenance.

Also, if its a LGA base, it will probably be like the PIT base, just to cover the new flying.

Face it outstation basing is going away.

If they were going to keep it outstationed base, why wouldn't they put the plane in Harrisburg to begin with?

The PCL management isn't to happy with the costs associated with outstation basing. With the signing of Logix and the opening of LGA as a crew base say goodbye to being home everynight with or without ALPA.

Alpa Now

Face it outstation basing is going away.

If they were going to keep it outstationed base, why wouldn't they put the plane in Harrisburg to begin with?

The PCL management isn't to happy with the costs associated with outstation basing. With the signing of Logix and the opening of LGA as a crew base say goodbye to being home everynight with or without ALPA.

Couldn't agree more. Vote YES to ALPA and give ourselves a say in future pilot decisions.

Dont need another saab, HYA closes on Sept 4- this starts Sept 5. They just need to keep one out of maintenance.

Also, if its a LGA base, it will probably be like the PIT base, just to cover the new flying.

Doesn't the HYA Saab go to ALB for the winter???

Latest resources

Back