Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Letters swaying your thoughts about ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah I was going to shut up you made a good point until you said ERAU lol. Your a tool. How much money you owe stupid? LOL. I would rather be a ****************************** than a giant bone smuggler like yourself..

Go too the Pilot Feed Back link. The last few feedbacks do a great job of showing this as a terrible idea.

I think that is something all should read.

Wasn't Dean Bandavaris supposed to be the next chief pilot once TB leaves?

If so, how could he ever lead and in house pilot group?

P2J, I never said that I wouldnt have done things differently if I could go back and do it again,but, that being said, I had an overall positive experience at riddle. And I hate to bring this up, but there is a difference between career oriented guys that finish riddle, and your meathead friend (georgedubya / irock). So, while I am sure that you have flawlessly progressed with your pilot training and career, I have hit a few speed bumps.

georgedubya / irock, I used to enjoy your retarded posts, they made me laugh. Now your posts are just getting in the way, and I think you might not be mentally equipped to deal with this topic. Considering your last post didnt have anything constructive to say besides: tool, stupid and bone smuggler, you should consider just not posting for awhile. Instead listen to what some of these other guys are saying about the in committee, they arent lying or exaggerating. The "committee" would be nothing more than a hairless,de-clawed, neutered cat....(with puke on its mouth)..(i figured you would pay attention to the kitty analogy) so shape up, I dont want to make a trip to BUF. :smash:

D.B. screwed the pooch by starting this "pilot committee" deal. He will likely have little respect from a good percentage of the pilots either way this ALPA deal goes. Either way he has alienated himself from a sizable portion of the pilots. As for the other guy...Well, doesn't his past reputation speak for itself?

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

If ALPA is approved, we will be strictly bound to our contracts, and until same is devised and perfected, our employee handbook would govern. The end result of this scenario would result in a strict standard dictating, among other things, crew scheduling giving no more favors! Everyone here has benefited by favors granted by the company at one time or another –were we to become unionized, they would all stop. As mentioned above, if the union is approved, the company would be involved in negotiations with said union for years before a new contract is signed, and the resulting document would likely not address many of the pilots’ concerns. The salaries of many ALPA members are in upwards of half-a-million dollars a year – can we really believe them to be unbiased and/or have our best interest in mind?
The paragraph above is from www.colganpilotgroup.com and the items that I have underlined and put in bold type constitute the biggest problem I have with the whole deal. Even if I was supportive of this group (and I AM NOT) I have a big issue with the use of favoritism as a lure to bring people on-board. Now, I am not going to cite any names or any dates or times, but there has been a lot of rumors that schedulers have shown favoritism at the expense of other crewmembers. I strongly disagree with the use of ANY kind of favoritism used by the company for any matters affecting crewmembers schedule, base assignments, crew position, etc... This is a direct reflection on the leadership in our flight operations department or the lack thereof. It is in fact, a disgusting and ugly paradigm that some people have adopted as the norm. The status quo at Colgan Air isn't satisfactory for the near or long-term.
The statement that having a contract would require the company to be held to a standard and no more favors is absolutely why we need to have a contract in the first place! We don't need this kind of future leadership at Colgan Air! Standards are what we use to operate the airplanes everyday in a safe manner and EVERYONE knows what to expect when they show up to work whether you flew with this person everyday or never. Use your brain people and understand what a flawed bill of goods these two are trying to sell. They had a fighting chance until they drafted the paragraph I copied and pasted.

Regards,
ex-Navy Rotorhead

The pilot committee, if it is such a stand alone, above board idea, only came about with the ALPA drive.....why?

Southwest Airlines... the most successful and profitable airline in history... is more unionized..... they welcome unions as partners in the success of thier company.

I am fairly confident the Colgan pilots, as do pilots from every airline, want to see thier companies succeed. Pilots want to be a part of the solution.

So if pilots choose a collective bargaining agent to repsresent them..what is the issue?

Is choosing representation being disloyal to your employer? Are SWA employees disloyal to thier employer?

If the company views unions as team member, someone who brings a different perspective, how is that regressive?

I fear the management types are trained that labor is a cost to be controlled. Not an asset. Quite often employees grieve that thier employers do not respect the work force? Unfortunately, that can be very true.

How do you deal with a boss that does not respect you, your family, your free time and considers you a cost to be controlled. How do you deal with a company that views you as a problem and not a solution or partner. All while you are trying to fly high performance turbine powered airplanes....

Kaman-

Amazing...absolutly amazing... setting up a me vs you environement. Can you imagine the hatred, rumors and lies that would result. Let's go hard core...

Female pilot Y gets a sweet trip from scheduling... now the rumors rum amok that she is sleeping around....

Pilots sending schedulers gift cards, with the price constantly going up. Oh..if you want me to approve that trip it will cost you a Ruby Tuesdays $30 gift card...

Ford and Harrsion + Confessions of a Union Buster = colganpilotgroup.com

Homerun Rez. You hit the nail on the head with your post! I cannot cite the source, but the CEO of one of the legacy airlines identified pilots as, "a marginal cost of the airline business". In other words, we cost them alot and don't bring back a proportional amount of reenue for hours worked. I'm here to tell you that Colgan Air's pilots are some of the most productive in the industry! And, as long as we keep our mouths shut, and are grateful to have a job everyone goes home "happy". I should have gone to graduate school after the military instead of this crap.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Latest resources

Back