Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Letters swaying your thoughts about ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What does he say about CCAir? If the whole story of CCAir was known it would clearly illustrate why they needed a Union.

Do tell the story of CCair and put in on a thread here so that Colganeers can read and understand. Heck even better if you belonged to CCair at some point.

-Who appointed these two (future management pilots) to represent you? You certainly didn't get a say in the matter, did you?

Who appointed the "said" ppl to represent me to ALPA? Nobody. I don't mind my fellow pilots exploring all of the options, but don't take aim at one vs. another. All options should be explored. Nobody buys a car or a house by just looking at one. Colgan pilots should explore all options and decide for themselves.

Alpa

I urge all of our pilots to educate themselves. When they understand the facts, they will undoubtedly decide ALPA is best for all of us. The Organizing Committee at Colgan volunteered to do this with their own time and after looking at all the options decided to explore a relationship with ALPA. None of them are looking for credit, just to do what is right for Colgan pilots as a whole. Ask questions. Look for unbiased answers. Once you do that, you will understand why ALPA will represent us the best. We need represntation from a long standing professional pilot union. A legally binding contract with a grievance procedure.

www.alpa.org/colgan

1-877-GOT ALPA

ALPA: 703-689-4179

Who appointed the "said" ppl to represent me to ALPA? Nobody. I don't mind my fellow pilots exploring all of the options, but don't take aim at one vs. another. All options should be explored. Nobody buys a car or a house by just looking at one. Colgan pilots should explore all options and decide for themselves.

The pilots on the OC don't "represent" you. They are merely volunteers that are trying their best to bring you accurate information so you can make an educated decision. As YMICFI said, anyone that seeks out information and becomes educated will find that ALPA is the only logical choice.

If ALPA were to be certified after a vote, you would then have the opportunity to elect your own leaders. Not some guy that Mike Colgan picked for a "committee" simply because he's a "friend of the family." You need to have a voice in your own career. Don't let Mike Colgan pick your voice for you.

He didn't pick these guys. Your union guys really suck. How stupid are you. You make 20 thousand a year and give a percentage of that to a union that is crap. We don't need a union making crap a year. I hate embry riddle graduates that is what you all are.

He didn't pick these guys.

You can't really believe that. Face reality; this is part of a systematic attack-plan by the Colgans to derail the union drive. Just ask yourself this question: why would the Colgans want so badly to keep you from protecting yourself with ALPA representation? If they really want to treat you fairly, then why are they so scared of a union?

So Colgan makes all intial/upgrade/transition candidates sign training contracts. Colgan family members have signed contracts with Pinnacle to protect their jobs for a certain length of time. Yet they are against the pilots signing a contract with them. (A legal contract you get with a union) And the senator gets contributions from the AFL-CIO?

He didn't pick these guys. Your union guys really suck. How stupid are you. You make 20 thousand a year and give a percentage of that to a union that is crap. We don't need a union making crap a year. I hate embry riddle graduates that is what you all are.

Not as stupid as you, with your kick azz grammar and all.. Seriously though, you are either managment or just plain ignorant.

I just can't get past these union dues. How can you take so much of the little money I have. That is my big gripe. The magazine sucks and unless I am a loser I will not need any of the ALPA services. ALPA protects the weak. Someone inform me why I have to pay so much in dues?

I just can't get past these union dues. How can you take so much of the little money I have. That is my big gripe. The magazine sucks and unless I am a loser I will not need any of the ALPA services. ALPA protects the weak. Someone inform me why I have to pay so much in dues?

Dues are your biggest gripe? If ALPA could negotiate a contract with more than a 2% raise would you be in favor of ALPA?

Latest resources

Back