• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
where have you been latley?? That is high time for some companies
Colgan Minimums:

Q and A:
Do you have a commercial pilots license?

Do you have a heart beat?

***if yes to the above q's we would like you to start groundschool on monday.

Are you kidding? Thats high time for a pilot hired by their parent company. 9E hired a guy with 196 total time who had com, inst, me.
So I haven't read part 61 or 141 in a while, but don't you need a minimum of 200hrs for your comm?

I wouldn't,, couldn't,, put this person in one of my 402's flying freight.
But ok for a Saab with 30 pax????
Bold emphasis mine.
Assuming he/she got their Comm and CFI at 250, has this person even left the pattern yet???

Hung

Date of interview: July 27, 2007 Date interview was submitted: July 30, 2007 Were you hired as a result of this interview? yes Total flight time: 520 PIC flight time: 450 PIC TURBINE flight time: 0 Instrument flight time: 105 Total multi engine flight time: 200 Did someone walk in your application/ resume? yes How many letters of recommendation did you bring? 0 Are you a CFI? yes Are you a CFII? yes Are you a MEI? no Are you an ATP? no Did you complete the ATP written? no Are you an FE? no Did you complete the FE written? no How long after you sent your resume were you called? 0 weeks Do you have a college degree? other Do you have a military background? no What is your current job? cfi What is your age? 21 What aircraft were you assigned? Saab 340 If you were hired what is your training date? August 13, 2007

I jumpseated on a mesa crj 900 operating for usair.. Captain was a an ioe check airman the co was a brand new fo just starting ioe.. For some reason he was really uncomfortable we me in the jumpseat looking over his shoulder.. In cruise he asked me at what age i started flying I told him 15 solo at 16 and pvt at 17.. He then asked me how many hours i had when i got my first 135 job.. I told him I was lucky enough to get a job for $60 per night flying single pilot freight in a caravan I had 1200 hrs. He chuckled and said he was much luckier because he onl;y had 3hundred2..... looked at his watch and said 333333.....325 hours!!

Overall the kid did good rolled on a nice landing followed sop and will do fine.. Now all he need is another 3000 or so hours before he upgrades

So I haven't read part 61 or 141 in a while, but don't you need a minimum of 200hrs for your comm?

155 for Part 141, 250 for Part 61, and there is a significant amount of FTD time that can count towards the commercial time requirements that won't count as total airplane time, but I don't have the regs in front of me, so I'd have to check to know the exact amounts--I haven't ever instructed part 61.

-Goose

Last edited:
Pretty soon they will start doing groundschool at the local mall and have a sign out front saying

"Walk-in's Welcome classes start every Monday at 8am. Se habla Espanol"

155 for Part 141, 250 for Part 61, and there is a significant amount of FTD time that can count towards the commercial time requirements that won't count as total airplane time, but I don't have the regs in front of me, so I'd have to check to know the exact amounts--I haven't ever instructed part 61.

-Goose

You left out a key part there, Part 141 allows for 155 hours AFTER completion of a private pilot certificate. SO... at a minimum 190 hours (35 is the min for a part 141 private) I think 40 hours can be FTD time but I am not positive on that

You left out a key part there, Part 141 allows for 155 hours AFTER completion of a private pilot certificate. SO... at a minimum 190 hours (35 is the min for a part 141 private) I think 40 hours can be FTD time but I am not positive on that

I guess you are right! :) Our school has this form that we fill out for the commercial, and it lists 155, so I don't really think of it that much. Brain is now in the "on" position.

-Goose

Colgan Minimums:

Q and A:
Do you have a commercial pilots license?

Do you have a heart beat?

***if yes to the above q's we would like you to start groundschool on monday.

Close Rhino, actually it's:

Do you have a commercial pilots licence

yes

do you have a heartbeat

huuh

nevermind that, not important, groundschool is starting right now down the hall. Here, pee in this. Welcome aboard!

Latest resources

Back