Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hung Start

Just the cleanup guy
I wouldn't,, couldn't,, put this person in one of my 402's flying freight.
But ok for a Saab with 30 pax????
Bold emphasis mine.
Assuming he/she got their Comm and CFI at 250, has this person even left the pattern yet???

Hung

Date of interview: July 27, 2007 Date interview was submitted: July 30, 2007 Were you hired as a result of this interview? yes Total flight time: 520 PIC flight time: 450 PIC TURBINE flight time: 0 Instrument flight time: 105 Total multi engine flight time: 200 Did someone walk in your application/ resume? yes How many letters of recommendation did you bring? 0 Are you a CFI? yes Are you a CFII? yes Are you a MEI? no Are you an ATP? no Did you complete the ATP written? no Are you an FE? no Did you complete the FE written? no How long after you sent your resume were you called? 0 weeks Do you have a college degree? other Do you have a military background? no What is your current job? cfi What is your age? 21 What aircraft were you assigned? Saab 340 If you were hired what is your training date? August 13, 2007

wow 200ME, thats way above what others have been getting hired with...and 520 thats at least 220 more than one ive seen

Are you kidding? Thats high time for a pilot hired by their parent company. 9E hired a guy with 196 total time who had com, inst, me. At least this guy was a CFII. 9E had a guy go through ground school and show up for his oral only to be discovered then that he didn't have a me rating. Supposedly he said he had done the training and was hoping that his sic ride could serve as a checkride for his me. A close friend of mine who works there was previously a CFI for UND. He reviewed a students resume that was applying to 9E only to discover that the kid was logging 747 time from NY to Paris. Yep, flight sim 2000. He thought it was legit. Thats the kid I would have loved to have seen get into training. Many, many guys hired these days at 9E have less then 500 hours.

I wouldn't,, couldn't,, put this person in one of my 402's flying freight.
But ok for a Saab with 30 pax????
Bold emphasis mine.
Assuming he/she got their Comm and CFI at 250, has this person even left the pattern yet???

Hung

Date of interview: July 27, 2007 Date interview was submitted: July 30, 2007 Were you hired as a result of this interview? yes Total flight time: 520 PIC flight time: 450 PIC TURBINE flight time: 0 Instrument flight time: 105 Total multi engine flight time: 200 Did someone walk in your application/ resume? yes How many letters of recommendation did you bring? 0 Are you a CFI? yes Are you a CFII? yes Are you a MEI? no Are you an ATP? no Did you complete the ATP written? no Are you an FE? no Did you complete the FE written? no How long after you sent your resume were you called? 0 weeks Do you have a college degree? other Do you have a military background? no What is your current job? cfi What is your age? 21 What aircraft were you assigned? Saab 340 If you were hired what is your training date? August 13, 2007

Colgan's published 'street' minimums are 500TT and 80ME. This applicant meets that.

does the snaab not have a takeoff warning horn for prop configuration? i was designated hitting on them the other day and it was real quiet on takeoff then i hear the props come full about a minute after takeoff. it was nice and quiet but im not entirely convinced it was too safe!

Jellynuts,

I find it hard to believe someone took off with the props not at full.. The config warning is pretty loud with a big bright light....

After T/O the bleeds come back on and the packs are loud....in fact the packs and bleeds are louder than the prop noise....

Latest resources

Back