Colgan IAH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
vtchaz said:
Chatting it up? You don't talk to your mechanics? I know I do, even when they're there for routine maintenance I go out and talk with them.

As for changing carriers, you can't even compare. Skywest voluntarily gave up that contract. They didn't even bid on it again. The route CAL wanted to go with it wasn't where they wanted, so they parted. Expressjet flies RJs, and like the other operators of RJs there's a lot of changes going on there. Colgan flies turboprops, a market that is making a strong comeback for obvious reasons. I don't think we have much to worry about.

Nah, I usually don't talk to them if they come out for a service check, other than a cursory, hi how's it going. I hope it was routine maintenance, actually I don't care as long as you got me to IAH on time and in one piece, which you did, so well done. Don't take it so personally, christ.

Colgan has a real fine group of people. Good guys! The MX and management however...... I just don't understand why they can never seem to get a union in there. At least it might take the pressure off the pilots for MX issues etc.

What pressure?

mckpickle said:
Colgan has a real fine group of people. Good guys! The MX and management however...... I just don't understand why they can never seem to get a union in there. At least it might take the pressure off the pilots for MX issues etc.

I've never once felt any pressure for MX issues, or etc (whatever that is). If it's broken we right it up. If they have time to fix it right there they do, if it can be MEL'd we do that (the purpose of an MEL, by the way), and if they can't do either the flight is delayed until it can be fixed. I've never once been asked to do anything else.

the crews are great, its the ground crews that are HORRIBLE.

on a side note, is it me or does every SAAB look like its doing a wheelie or about to flip when its taxing?

vtchaz said:
Just an observation, why is it most of they guys on here who like to bash the Colgan IAH operation have E145 in their profile? Not necessarily the guys on this thread, but in general. Perhaps feeling threatened? Just a thought.
Yeah, I'm threatened, I really miss doing CLL, BPT, LCH, AEX and GRK turns all day in the ER, those were really productive trips and I wish I had them again.....NOT!

your welcome

So you get a free ride deadheading to IAH, and then you get on here and bash us afterwards, Nice!

As for the maintenance at IAH, We do the best we can at getting the aircraft to the gates after RON mx for a on time departure, Clear all possible MEL's and complete all scheduled maintenance.

As vtchaz has stated mx techs are never asked to look the otherway or not fix a known problem. We are professionals who care greatly about the operation and the safety of our coworkers and customers.

Safe flying to all, and please say hello to the mx personal when you see them/us, we work hard and it is nice to get some pleasnat conversation on occassion, instead of just a gripe about something that broke.

Saab Guy

Alchemy said:
I deadheaded on them the other day, things seem to run fine (although the plane was met by mechanics after we arrived, probably glad I don't know what went wrong). Maybe I just got lucky. I have many friends over there, some are looking for ways out because they're concerned about maintenance practices (among other reasons). Then again, those were the same guys who would b*tch constantly about the condition of the airplanes when I was instructing with them. Sometimes you just have to make the best out of what you're given.

Latest resources

Back