• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan HYA Summer Base

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Give up the 1900's? Don't think so, To much free money from the taxpayers for EAS routes.

I agree all the 1900's will not go away...but they are considering the ones that do not need the 1900 on them....IE EAS at PQI is a SAAB....JST was a SAAB...but of course Colgan could not make money there even with the $850,000 from the Government...good luck to regions there....I believe HYA based aircraft go to airports that can use a SAAB as far as the airport requirerments...IE part 139 Airports...also heard that LEB is considering improvements to allow a SAAB in.....Just rumors of course.....

Consider this official: HYA will become a 'permanent' Saab base next month (1 plane). No cushy TDY for the summer in HYA this year. Bummer!

Snaab

aussiefly said:
So tell me some more about these dirty, naughty FA's that are at colgan lol :)

I heard one would perform something called a "hurricane"

Here is the HYA summer Schedule effective 4/2/06, 1 Beech RON,and 3 Beech daily flights. 5/25/06, 1 beech,and 1 340 RON and 2 beech, 4 340 dailys. 6/22/06 1 beech and 2 340 RON and 2 beech, 5 340 dailys. 9/5/06, 1 beech RON and 3 beech dailys. 10/10/06 1 beech RON and 2 beech dailys. 4/27-5/1, all service upgraded to a 340. All subject to change of course.

This is classic Colgan. HYA will be a permanent base until it closes September 1st. It's just an excuse not to pay for TDY. I've seen it happen again and again.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back