Colgan hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Plug

Just saw that Colgan is hiring 150 this year. Where does Colgan do their training? What are the chances of getting hired in to the IAH base?

Inital training will be held for both aircraft types in Memphis. Simulator training for the SAAB will be in Houston or St. Louis. I cannot speak to where the "Q" sim training will be, but I think St. Louis also.
It is my understanding that the first 3 classes will be all SAAB, and afterwards I am guessing it will be a mixed bag. What aircraft you are assigned to is a mystery to me, but I would guess it will be based on seniority in your class, with seniority based upon age.
Domiciles will also be awarded out of training based upon seniority I am assuming, and IAH historically goes senior. Pretty safe bet that if you want the "Q" in EWR and are in the "Q" initial training...I hope you like New Jersey, because that's where you are heading. Tons of changes going on here at CJC. Frankly, some are very much for the better and long overdue. Of course, there are some things that are cause for angst, but that's the airline biz for ya'. Best of luck and if you have any further questions PM me. My association with Colgan goes back to June 04', so I have a pretty good feel for the place, although with the "new sheriff in town" I am not an authority on "Pinch-a-nickel" and the strategic business plans. I wasn't invited to the last board meeting!

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

44.jpg

Colgan Air is now expanding operations and hiring First Officers for Saab 340 and Q 400.

Domiciles are in the North East and Houston.

Colgan Air is a family orientated, stable company with a history of steady growth.

The company expects to hire 150 F/Os in 2010.

Next class will be in February.

Pilots that are interested in applying for employment with Colgan need to complete the online application at Airlineapps.com and then email Sara Martinez at [email protected].

Those with a current Airlineapps membership, can simply and quickly add Colgan to their job targeting for immediate review. Applicants are reminded to review their application and insure that it is published. If an applicant does not have an Airlineapps membership, they will need to complete the "single' application process for Colgan. Note: those with a "single" application on file for Colgan started before 1/1/2009, will need to start over with a new account as those applications will expire on 1/31/2010. For more information see the NOTICE dated 1/6/2010.

As stated above there are A LOT of changes going on here. Most of them are QOL and sched. improvements. CJC ALPA is doing a great job making headway with mgt and working towards a contract. There are still a lot of things that need to improve here... but we have the right guys and gals in place fighting for us. Colgan is constantly changing and like I said earlier, it's all been improvements. Now for the hiring... Probably IAD Saab and EWR Dash for the new hires. I'm sure there will be a few openings in IAH... but not many. We will probably (key word "probably") be getting a new route out of BOS to Plattsburgh,NY. There was also a memo sent out in the latest Vacancy bid hinting towards some more routes out of IAD.. I'm pretty sure its AVL and FAY. If that happens then the remaining saabs that were in the LGA system will have a home. Also, plan on the rest of the outstations closing in a few months... I heard that the remainder of the outstations will close and possibly a BOS base for the saab. IF anyone wants more info feel free to pm

training will most likely be in MEM or IAD for ground and STL and IAH for Sim. Colgan hiring mins 1000tt and 100me. BUT.. competitive will be MUCH higher. Good luck

Anybody know if Colgan requires you to give up your seniority number if you are currently furloughed? Do they consider furloughed guys with higher times? I am already typed and have over 4500 hours in the Saab with 1800 PIC in it. Training contract? I am currently furloughed for over a YEAR now and looks like a WHILE before I get called back. I live in IAD area and would still be able to collect partial unemployment benefits so that takes some of the sting outta things. OR-have I been on furlough too long and starting to lose my mind for considering this!

Nah!! Your good man. I am in almost exactly the same boat and curious about the seniority number as well. Looks like we are both smoking from the same crack pipe.

Just saw that Colgan is hiring 150 this year. Where does Colgan do their training? What are the chances of getting hired in to the IAH base?

Meaning, what are my chances of flying a 70-seater for crap wages, while taking away routes from XJT (who pays guys more to fly a 50-seater).
Colgan is a crappy company, and morons like you take this career further into the crapper.

Meaning, what are my chances of flying a 70-seater for crap wages, while taking away routes from XJT (who pays guys more to fly a 50-seater).
Colgan is a crappy company, and morons like you take this career further into the crapper.

Well, where would you have him start his airline career? Not too many places hiring these days...

He could just stand on his principles in the unemployment line....... just sayin...

But seriously though, I think, like it matters what I think, that this is one of those area where I agree with a little gvment regulation to protect the safety of the unsuspecting customers. I dont know how to do it just right but when people are willing to fly for free than something else needs to be done. I do not blame pilots doing what they love though.

Latest resources

Back