• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I see they are doing interviews this week in MCO. Is there something in the works for a future base down here? Just thought that was kind of odd.

Not likely, probably just using the 1900 sim at flight safety on the old McCoy AFB side of the field. It is a MUCH better simulator to fly than the one in LGA too!

Any chance that furloughed CAL pilots would consider flying for Colgan for the sake of having a JOB? Maybe yes and maybe no.

Really? I talked to two furloughed regional FO's in the FBO who were just hanging out. They refused to go back to instructing because they would NEVER fly a prop plane ever again! Guess they haven't been furloughed long enough.

Any chance that furloughed CAL pilots would consider flying for Colgan for the sake of having a JOB? Maybe yes and maybe no.

I don't think you understand how it works, the regionals are completely different than the majors. For a CAL pilot to be downgraded to Colgan is a fate worse than death. A lot of people either try to go to jet operators to stay current or apply to China, India or the Middle East though from what I understand it's not long before they come back to the states.

Mco

I see they are doing interviews this week in MCO. Is there something in the works for a future base down here? Just thought that was kind of odd.

From what I can tell, I believe the interviews are being conducted in conjuction with the Women in Aviation annual conference in Orlando. Maybe just the HR and Tech? Who knows what their plan is for a SIM ride.

-FW

Latest resources

Back