Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ok, go lower the bar then.

good idea captain.

Well for starters your first f##k up is assuming I don't already have a well paying job. As it turns out, I do, so no "lowering the bar" here, sorry.
Got any more worn out Flightinfo colloquialisms to toss out there? Are you sure you didn't "just throw up in your mouth a little" as well? Your not going to call me a "tool"? I'm disappointed!

It's easy for you on your high and mighty NJ horse to make statements like that. BTW is NJ hiring? Didn't think so, so STFU. Ever been on the other side of the furlough coin? I'm guessing no, so you have no idea what it's like when unemployment runs out and the local Wal Mart isn't even hiring.
Alot of guys I flew with are currently on furlough or have been on the street for a year with no paycheck because not only are the airlines not hiring, neither is anyone else. Do you live in a vacuum? Must be otherwise you'd know that unemployment in the US is almost 10%.

But hey, go ahead and starve to death instead of taking a job at CJC because some FI ******************************bag says so.

Yawn.

Last edited:
Well for starters your first f##k up is assuming I don't already have a well paying job. As it turns out, I do, so no "lowering the bar" here, sorry.
Got any more worn out Flightinfo colloquialisms to toss out there? Are you sure you didn't "just throw up in your mouth a little" as well? Your not going to call me a "tool"? I'm disappointed!

It's easy for you on your high and mighty NJ horse to make statements like that. BTW is NJ hiring? Didn't think so, so STFU. Ever been on the other side of the furlough coin? I'm guessing no, so you have no idea what it's like when unemployment runs out and the local Wal Mart isn't even hiring.
Alot of guys I flew with are currently on furlough or have been on the street for a year with no paycheck because not only are the airlines not hiring, neither is anyone else. Do you live in a vacuum? Must be otherwise you'd know that unemployment in the US is almost 10%.

But hey, go ahead and starve to death instead of taking a job at CJC because some FI ******************************bag says so.

Yawn.

lighten up kid, you'll give yourself a nose bleed.

im glad you got a good job. So i ask why did you even respond to my post? The reason pay sucks so bad is because people take those jobs.

Hey enough name calling, can we get back to the important stuff .... like curves and the avatar, how about a bigger picture please.

Lynxman,
Do me a favor and educate these yougsters about riding 600's, you and me know wass up.

Here is an example of how to do curves on a GSXR's my friends.....

enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A23RbIeJ0A

GSXR's are alright man but for the track it's all about the R6. My new fav is the 600RR I ride on the street. I def don't condone that kinda riding on the street though.

What brokeflyer is not interested in admitting is that market price is market price. Holding out for better" doesn't work for stocks, houses, or any other market item. The price is the price.

Economics states that at some price someone will buy/sell, and that sets the price at that time. Anyone who talks about 'holding up the bar' is ignoring the laws of economics and human behavior.

Quid pro quo.

You can promise NO INDIVIDUAL person that holding out will give that person a better wage.

You can only promise that if EVERYONE holds out that wages will go up.

The problem with that method is that you guarantee that the person holding out for better will go without, where someone else will take the job. Your method offers NO INCENTIVE to hold out. Without some means of ensuring that the 'correct action' (in your view) is rewarded, people will continue to act as they do.

You can hate that outcome all you like, but you may as well hate the sunrise, because it will never change. Like all markets, the labor market is generally efficient and rational.

A contract between a pilot group and management (with corresponding seniority list) is not a perfect instrument. However, it serves to create enough incentive for the vast majority of pilots within the group to work in the common interest instead of their individual interest.

Imagine if a pilot group went on strike, and the company threatens to fire all the probationary pilots if they don't report for work.

If the rest of the group makes their rehire a condition of settling the contract, probably no one will cross the line.

If the pilot group tells the probationary pilots "too bad", well, you are more likely to have someone cross the line.

Brokeflyer:

You are bemoaning that pilots won't hold out for better but you are essentially asking them to stand aside while others less 'ethical' (in your view) will take the jobs instead.

You are asking people to be fools and work against their own best interests, all to uphold an ideal that you think should prevail.

Well, I have decided to take your advice and hold out for a job flying a GV for $500k per year, and I also will only date supermodels from here on out.

Why aren't you holding out for this stuff? Low self-esteem, I suppose. I, on the other hand, know that I am worthy of these things and refuse to lower the bar.

livin'thesim's post is right on the money.

In the past I may have accused some people of genuinely "lowering the bar" but that was when everybody was hiring and taking certain low-QOL low-pay jobs truly was shooting yourself in the foot. A much better job could be had with just a little more time and work. In this case "lowering the bar" meant working against your own long-term self interest in favor of immediate reward.

Right now, if you are out of work, and can't find a decent job outside of aviation, then you need to take what you can get. And Colgan (from what I know) is not such a bad place to ride out the recession.

Latest resources

Back