Colgan Hiring!!

GSXR600

Total Time
.1solo
Just saw the AD on Climbto350, Saab 340 first officers for August class.

Flame on boys!!

Smarta$$

Total Time
First of all, why don't you man up and get at least a liter bike.

Question for any Colgan guys, do you see a legitimate need for Saab pilots? Have you been short staffed? Any possible correlation to Mesaba parking Saabs?

GSXR600

Total Time
.1solo
First of all, why don't you man up and get at least a liter bike.

Question for any Colgan guys, do you see a legitimate need for Saab pilots? Have you been short staffed? Any possible correlation to Mesaba parking Saabs?
Is not the power what makes the bike my friend. Bring your scooter to the track and I'll show you how is done.

How long can you hold up a wheelie?

DoinTime

Total Time
6000+
Is not the power what makes the bike my friend.
Just keep telling yourself that size doesn't matter. I'm sure you apply that philosophy to all of your "equipment". :laugh:

LanceAir

I'm a Registered User
Total Time
> 250
Yeah, we're a little short on the Saab, management fired too many pilots. I dont think there is ANY connection between CJC and Mesaba, don't expect to see us in ATL...

Lynxman

Total Time
Its all about the curves my friends and 600's own at curves we all know that!

dh2981

Total Time
Yeah, we're a little short on the Saab, management fired too many pilots. I dont think there is ANY connection between CJC and Mesaba, don't expect to see us in ATL...
Just curious, why where they fired?

imisscorplife

Total Time
I have a Triumph 675 and it may not hold up in the straights against an R1, but kicks its a$$ in the twisties. Ive owned both liter bikes and 600's...... still prefer the middleweights. The 675 3 cyl is the best of both worlds, torque like a twin and top end like a Jap 4cyl. Sorry to hijack! :)

brokeflyer

Total Time
if anyone takes that job then we know who to blame for $hitty pilot salaries...

stop taking BS jobs.

30West

NARF!
Total Time
@8000
if anyone takes that job then we know who to blame for $hitty pilot salaries...

stop taking BS jobs.
Because sitting at home collecting unemployment is much better? Just curious.

Last edited:

LanceAir

I'm a Registered User
Total Time
> 250
any and every reason you can think of...most is fallout from a hyper-sensitive management that is just rolling the shyte down hill.

DoinTime

Total Time
6000+
Lynxman,
Do me a favor and educate these yougsters about riding 600's, you and me know wass up.

Here is an example of how to do curves on a GSXR's my friends.....

enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A23RbIeJ0A
Why would you try to justify your argument that 600s are better in the twisties with a video clip of a GSXR-1000 and a large displacement twin ripping up a mountain road? :confused:

I'd bet those two guys were riding with a bunch of squids on 600s but they were so far behind that they didn't get any camera time.

ackattacker

Client 9
Total Time
hah!
I've got no problem with a 600cc bike in general but the gixer is a total squid bike, sorry. Time to get a bike that doesn't scream "I'm 19 years old, 5'7" tall, and I'm about to run into a tree"

On an unrelated note, i'd like to hear more about what's going on at Colgan. Who was fired and for what? is this fallout from the Buffalo crash?

GSXR600

Total Time
.1solo
Why would you try to justify your argument that 600s are better in the twisties with a video clip of a GSXR-1000 and a large displacement twin ripping up a mountain road? :confused:

I'd bet those two guys were riding with a bunch of squids on 600s but they were so far behind that they didn't get any camera time.

Where did u see that it was a 1 liter?