Colgan gets fair with CAL fa jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

akseiner

This just out today.. Colgan will no longer allow CAL and XJT flight attendants to jumpseat since they have not been reciprocating.

How hard is it to reciprocate? (I'm not pointing fingers because I don't know the details, but I've read about AA/Pinacle and now Colgan/XJT/CAL.... and I don't understand how hard it is to reciprocate..)
It seems so trivial a problem to fix. Anyone have an idea why it's so hard?

How hard is it to reciprocate? (I'm not pointing fingers because I don't know the details, but I've read about AA/Pinacle and now Colgan/XJT/CAL.... and I don't understand how hard it is to reciprocate..)
It seems so trivial a problem to fix. Anyone have an idea why it's so hard?

corprate and political bu!!$h!t !!!!!

Hey Cal thanks for the new airplanes now get off our jumpseat!!!

Sorry, but if someone's gotta go somewhere and there are seats available on my plane, they are coming aboard. I won't blink, and not many of our pilots will, since a vast majority of them commute. The question is: why don't our FA's step up to the plate with their union and get reciprocity, instead of pissing off CAL and XJT f/a's? Whatever happened to just helping people get to/from work?

BTW, I am treated *great* by XJT on my weekly commute.

Last edited:
I learned more about this issue today when several people were talking about this issue in our crew room. We all agree it's ridiculous and petty. BUT, the fact is our flight attendants don't get the same/reciprocal prvlgs. on XJT & CAL as we have been extending to them. According to our D.O., it has to do with something stupid in our contract with CAL.

Trust me, no one at Colgan wants any employee to pay a dime to simply travel to/from work on us. We have been told, however, not to allow XJT & CAL f/a's to cabin-jumpseat; they're supposed to pony up the 12.5 bucks and list themselves.

Wish the f/a groups would straighten this out....

How about Colgan FA's can't jump seat on Colgan Q's.. they have to pay...

CAL and Xjt FA's can list online and pay the fee just the same, until it gets changed. Nothing against them, not wanting to start a war, but seriously...

I know this sounds $hity but CAL should be able to dictate whatever they want to the companies they contract with. They own the feed, they dictate the routes, they award the contract. In the end, CAL should simply demand that their FA's be able to JS on any "feed" carrier. When I worked for XJT I thought the treatment was unfair and downright $hity sometimes but in the end the globe belongs to CAL. Colgan, XJT, and CHQ are at CAL's mercy.

If CAL wants their FA's on those JS's they will get their way eventually. I just can't figure out why anyone would not recip. with these JS policies. This whole thing is lame.

The crappy part is that Colgan Was pretty much open arms, if you got past the gate, you got a ride.

It's not that hard for Cal to recip the open arms policy.

I absolutely hate this! If you deny the CAL or XJT fa's you're a tool. If you let the folks on your a tool for not standing up for your own fa's.

I hope CAL steps in and fixes this quick. I'd like to devote the time and energy wasted on this during the boarding process to things like flying safe and staying on time.

My 0.02.

Latest resources

Back