• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Colgan gets fair with CAL fa jumpseat

akseiner

Total Time
This just out today.. Colgan will no longer allow CAL and XJT flight attendants to jumpseat since they have not been reciprocating.

KNOTS

Total Time
How hard is it to reciprocate? (I'm not pointing fingers because I don't know the details, but I've read about AA/Pinacle and now Colgan/XJT/CAL.... and I don't understand how hard it is to reciprocate..)
It seems so trivial a problem to fix. Anyone have an idea why it's so hard?

abun

Total Time
How hard is it to reciprocate? (I'm not pointing fingers because I don't know the details, but I've read about AA/Pinacle and now Colgan/XJT/CAL.... and I don't understand how hard it is to reciprocate..)
It seems so trivial a problem to fix. Anyone have an idea why it's so hard?

corprate and political bu!!$h!t !!!!!

flynryan15

Total Time
2000+
Hey Cal thanks for the new airplanes now get off our jumpseat!!!

Snaab

Total Time
Sorry, but if someone's gotta go somewhere and there are seats available on my plane, they are coming aboard. I won't blink, and not many of our pilots will, since a vast majority of them commute. The question is: why don't our FA's step up to the plate with their union and get reciprocity, instead of pissing off CAL and XJT f/a's? Whatever happened to just helping people get to/from work?

BTW, I am treated *great* by XJT on my weekly commute.

Last edited:

Snaab

Total Time
I learned more about this issue today when several people were talking about this issue in our crew room. We all agree it's ridiculous and petty. BUT, the fact is our flight attendants don't get the same/reciprocal prvlgs. on XJT & CAL as we have been extending to them. According to our D.O., it has to do with something stupid in our contract with CAL.

Trust me, no one at Colgan wants any employee to pay a dime to simply travel to/from work on us. We have been told, however, not to allow XJT & CAL f/a's to cabin-jumpseat; they're supposed to pony up the 12.5 bucks and list themselves.

Wish the f/a groups would straighten this out....

Striptyler

Odly OUtdated
Total Time
2.1ton
How about Colgan FA's can't jump seat on Colgan Q's.. they have to pay...

CAL and Xjt FA's can list online and pay the fee just the same, until it gets changed. Nothing against them, not wanting to start a war, but seriously...

ATRCA

Total Time
tons
I know this sounds $hity but CAL should be able to dictate whatever they want to the companies they contract with. They own the feed, they dictate the routes, they award the contract. In the end, CAL should simply demand that their FA's be able to JS on any "feed" carrier. When I worked for XJT I thought the treatment was unfair and downright $hity sometimes but in the end the globe belongs to CAL. Colgan, XJT, and CHQ are at CAL's mercy.

If CAL wants their FA's on those JS's they will get their way eventually. I just can't figure out why anyone would not recip. with these JS policies. This whole thing is lame.

Striptyler

Odly OUtdated
Total Time
2.1ton
The crappy part is that Colgan Was pretty much open arms, if you got past the gate, you got a ride.

It's not that hard for Cal to recip the open arms policy.

vectorvictor

Total Time
Lifer
I absolutely hate this! If you deny the CAL or XJT fa's you're a tool. If you let the folks on your a tool for not standing up for your own fa's.

I hope CAL steps in and fixes this quick. I'd like to devote the time and energy wasted on this during the boarding process to things like flying safe and staying on time.

My 0.02.

Striptyler

Odly OUtdated
Total Time
2.1ton
Because the little jumpseat slip says subject to CA approval on it. If our FA says no, they make stink about talking to the CA. The memo came from vp of oops, so it is CAL that is presenting the hitch. Ball is in their court now. Hope they fix it

Striptyler

Odly OUtdated
Total Time
2.1ton
Got it. You're afraid to back up your flight attendant.
?

No.. just explaining why it ends up in the CA's lap no matter what. I'd rather not have to toss them off, but I would rather that my FA's get equal treatment. When our FA's say, no you have to list, the jump seating FA get's their panties all up in a hitch, saying only CA can say no... so let them up where i can say, What did they say back there? no? then No. I'd rather be able to let them ride though